| Saturday, March 18, 2006
| CHEF Nukes Free Speech in South Park!!
"IN ANY event, any person from 2.0 down on the Tone Scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind, because by abusing those rights he brings into being arduous and strenuous laws which are oppressive to those who need no such restraints.
"— L. Ron Hubbard "Science of Survival"
"SOUTH PARK" has declared war on Scientology
. Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the animated satire, are digging in against the celebrity-endorsed religion after a controversial episode mocking outspoken Scientologist Tom Cruise
was yanked abruptly from the schedule Wednesday with an Internet report saying it was covert warfare by Cruise that led to its departure.
THE BATTLE began in earnest earlier this week when Isaac Hayes, another celebrity Scientologist
and longtime show member -voicing the ladies' man Chef - quit the show, saying he could no longer tolerate its religious "intolerance and bigotry."STONE AND Parker
didn't buy that either.
ON MONDAY, Stone told The Associated Press, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith in Scientology...He has no problem and he's cashed plenty of checks with our show making fun of Christians, Jews and Muslims
.......posted by Margaret @ 11:47 AM
| Friday, March 17, 2006
| Internet Acquaintances
|People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They could bring you a season of turmoil that ironically teaches you a lesson about yourself or humanity. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
.......posted by Margaret @ 7:34 PM
| Monday, March 13, 2006
| E Tour and Travel Sucks!
|I learned some time ago the art of blogging and search engines give us consumers a bit of power in the free market. Whether you blog about a wonderful restaurant review or a delightful new friendly store in your neighborhood. If you blog about it, they will notice and so will others.
Every once in awhile, you may come across a bunch of fraudulent, rude pricks. It is our duty to warn others about such nonsense and put out a buyer beware, a major complaint and do a massive bitch out over a company that seeks to rip people off.
So please forgive me at this moment while I do just that. Excuse my language as I will most certainly admit - I am very emotional over this matter right now. This isn't like me - for those who know me I am optimistic, fun, forgiving and will more than likely cry over a matter than throw a brick through a window. Except this time.
If you ever call and make hotel reservations or vacation planning to Florida you may receive a telemarketing call from this place called "eTour & Travel". They do this sort of thing sometimes when you make reservations and put yourself in some sort of database that you are a traveler. However, if you ever get a call, an email or a snail mail from "eTour & Travel" - trust me, report them as Spam - toss out the entire envelope mailed to you or demand that they remove you from their calling list.
They are nothing but frauds and I've been burnt by them terribly. Our bank account drained by unauthorized withdrawals and they are evil, dishonest scammers. If "eTour & Travel" or any other marketer calls - it would be wise to first Google their company name and take a look see if there are any complaints or posts such as this out there before doing business with them.
Live and learn, I suppose.
Thankfully, together with my banking institution I received restitution yesterday afternoon. It's not over by a long shot, for they are now facing criminal charges filed with the Attorney General of Florida. It seemed I'm not the only bank customer who was sucked into this ordeal.
This blog post is in hopes nobody else gets in "eTour & Travel's" greedy, dishonest and slimy hands.
Thanks for bearing with me..
.......posted by Margaret @ 7:35 PM
| Too Much of a Good Thing - is a Good Thing
|In his book The Best Is Yet To Be, Henry Durbanville told the story of a little girl in London who won a prize at a flower show. Her entry was grown in an old cracked teapot and had been placed in the attic window of a rundown tenement house. When someone asked how she managed to raise such a lovely flower in such an unlikely environment, she said she moved it around so it would always be in the sunlight.
A Water Bearer had two large pots; each hung on the end of a pole, which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
For a full two years this went on daily with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his master's house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do. After two years of what it perceived as bitter failure, it spoke to the Water Bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you."
"Why?" asked the Bearer. "What are you ashamed of?"
"I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.
The Water Bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path." Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again it apologized to the Bearer for its failure.
The Bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seed on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years, I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."
Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But if we allow it, the Lord will use our flaws to grace His Father's table. In God's great economy, nothing goes to waste. So, as we seek ways to minister together, and as God calls you to the tasks He has appointed you, don't be afraid of your flaws. Acknowledge them, and allow Him to take advantage of them, and you, too, can be the cause of beauty along the pathway of life.
.......posted by Margaret @ 7:35 AM
| 100 Things About Margie Mix
|About all there is to know about me. (That which I'm willing to tell that is!)
1. I don't like making lists unless I can cross things off of them
2. I love Basset Hounds
3. I don't like those who dish it and can't take it in return.
4. I don't mind rainy days.
5. I love to garden.
6. I'm married, happily - so don't hit on me thank you very much!
7. Yes, I can be anal.
8. I was born on 9/11...
9. My husband was born on 9/11
10. We were born the same year and within the same hour.
11. I have a daughter.
12. She is ornery and takes after her father.
13. I'm a girlie-girl and so is my Daughter.
14. ...but we both get dirty because Bubble Baths are fun.
15. I love reading and movies, particularly the classics.
16. I'm crazy about my husband & daughter
17. Canned meat scares me.
18. I have PCOS
19. My Mother is currently winning her battle against breast cancer.
20. There are no ribbons stuck to my vehicle.
21. ...but I do have a Jesus Fish!
22. I am a Christian.
23. I don't belong to any denomination although baptized Methodist.
24. My teeth are 100% real.
25. My Ex-husbands are not.
26. I love Sushi.
27. I drive an SUV
28. I love good smells and fragrance oils.
29. I can't stand bad or musky smells.
30. I hate shopping and only go because I need to.
31. My favorite color is forest green.
32. You'll often find me barefoot or wearing Birkies; even in the wintertime.
33. My Grandparents are still alive and bowl 3 nights a week.
34. I have a BA in Communications.
35. Hubby is currently getting his BS in IT as a non-traditional student.
36. I love Creme' Brulee'
37. I despise clowns, even the happy ones.
38. Don't ever have wait-staff sing "Happy Birthday" to me in public.
39. I have two younger sisters.
40. ..they both are noodle-brains
41. ...and I love them dearly anyway.
42. I play the guitar and clarinet.
43. I'm a happy person most of the time.
44. I have blue eyes.
45. My feet are small.
46. I dig country music and love rock and roll.
47. I smell nice.
48. I don't like getting my picture taken
49. I don't vote between two evils, but instead pray for our leaders.
50. I own a Guinea Pig, her name is Miss Piggy.
51. I own two budgies, "Pickles and Gherkin"
52. My husband is a computer genius,
53. ... he's also a bit geeky.
54. I love the ocean and beach.
55. I can't stand snakes.
56. I will evacuate when a hurricane is coming my way.
57. But will sit outside and enjoy a tropical storm.
58 .I cannot stand cruise ships
59. ..I would rather go camping.
60. I love the Mountains.
61. I love to hike.
62. I own a bike, it's been neglected.
63. I make my bed each and every morning...
64. ..because that is where I dream my dreams.
65. I hope my daughter has more opportunities than I have had.
66. ..and learns from my mistakes instead of finding out on her own.
67. I hope to have one more child.
68. Dad wants a boy this time, but I want a girl.
69. ...Because Sisterhood is priceless.
70. I was hit by a Greyhound Bus
71. ... and am here, for the most part healthy and whole to tell about it.
73. I have smoked marijuana and inhaled.
74. No, no, no, no I don't smoke it no more. (but only because it's illegal.)
75. I love to be lazy.
76. Staying in pajamas all day is a blast.
77. I love coffee with extra creamer.
78. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are evil.
79. I do not like spinach and brussel sprouts.
80. My bedtime is 11:11pm because that is when Patrick thinks of me.
81. I have boobs and they get in my way.
82. I sleep on my left side.
83. Clutter irritates me terribly.
84. I don't like knick knacks
85. I like candles
86. I love the outdoors
87. I don't like insects & rodents
88. I love to grill outdoors whenever possible.
89. My favorite cartoon is Professor Peabody and the Pink Panther.
90. I love my last name.
91. I am originally from South Jersey
92. I miss Philly Cheesesteaks, Hoagies and Tastykake Pies.
93. I have no backside, it's flat as a board.
94. Many have said I am clairvoyant
95. I love to cook and bake, it's the cleaning up that I don't like.
96. I'm really bad at remembering numbers & dates
97. I absolutely love my inlaws.
98. My husband and I are in business for ourselves.
99. We both hate time clocks and been fired because of them.
100. Last but not least, I'm happy as a pig in mud that I'm finished this thing!
Return to "Do You Have Issues" Home.
.......posted by Margaret @ 5:36 PM