Monday, May 08, 2006
NJ Scraps 2nd Slogan in Less Than Year
Mercy me, it seems the state where I grew up and spent 30 years in cannot seem to agree on a state slogan. Trashing the previous two; "Come See For Yourself" and "We'll Win You Over" from this year's tourism television commercials.

Maybe I can help them out some?

With consideration of the toll-bridge traps leading into NJ from Delaware, Pennsylvania and New York; how about, "Come in for Free - Pay to leave."

In regards to Fuel Service Stations and the ethnicity of their owners, why not try "Welcome to the Middle East" as a catchy phrase. God knows there is enough sand in that state to qualify.

What bugs me the most are the commercials featuring a song by rocker "Jon Bon Blow-Me" and how they do not pay reverence to "The Boss" from Asbury Park - Bruce Springsteen. An obvious case of pure talent overlooked by some bubble-gum pop rocker wannabe. Whoever is in charge of NJ travel and tourism needs to get a clue already.

No wonder the annual Miss America Pageant left for Las Vegas after all those years. No wonder I left.

In the infamous words by Moltisanti of the Sopranos, I nominate; "Get the **** out of here." as NJ's new hip and sensible slogan. It's so colorful and oh so appropriate.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:42 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger William on the Left said…

    Hey, I was just browsing through some blogs today and came by yours. I wrote about the same thing today and even offered some other ideas for the rest of the states. I may have been a little harsh on NJ, but I'm from PA which isn't any better so...check it out if you get a second.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said…

    Hey, I'm going to second your nomination, even though I've never even been to NJ! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like yours - the flowers are lovely, and what's cuter than a blue donkey? Nuthin'!

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Born and raised in the Armpit of America...They've definately got issues back there. Love your blog layout and colors!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises