Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Nordic-Ware 60th Anniversary Recipe Contest

I don't know what y'all have in your oven at the moment but looky at what I just pulled out of mine!

Nordic-Ware is having a Recipe Contest starting on May 1st, 2006 to commemorate their 60th Anniversary of the infamous Bundt pan. Entries will be judged on originality, taste, texture, visual appearance and how closely their recipe reflects their state and captures the essence of the notorious Bundt cake.

Since I live in Savannah, Georgia - the "Peach"
is so overrated. (Jersey Peaches are so much better!) Poor Nordic-Ware will
be bombarded with "Peachy Bundts" from Georgia to no avail. Pecan's are also an option, but who ever heard of a crunchy bundt cake?

"How about trying a Watermelon recipe", I thought. So off to the Kroger's (and the liquor store) I went to get my needed supplies:

  • I took a box of Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix
  • added 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup of oil
  • 1 1/4 cup of Dekuyper's Watermelon Schnapps instead of the called for 1 cup of water.
  • 1 tsp of red food dye (to make the red even brighter and not pink)
  • Folded in 1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
  • Baked in the bundt for 40 minues.

For a Glaze I took 2/3 cups of confectioners sugar moistened with 3 TBS
of Dekuyper's Watermelon Schnapps and drizzled it all over the cake.

The batter tasted really good! I licked the bowl and beaters clean, but
I think I may be a little wee bit tipsy at this moment.

As for the cake, the crazy-headed thing fell apart on me. It tastes fantastic - but it sure isn't going to get any rave reviews from those Nordic-Ware people. -Mix

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    Mmmmmm! Sounds delicious!!
    I have NEVER made ANY type of cake that looked the way it was supposed to! I've given up trying! As long as it tastes good--that's what counts! (OK, maybe not for the contest but at least you can enjoy the fruits of your labor!)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises