Sunday, August 06, 2006
How to make a great big SPLASH!
Oh my heavens, the nerve of some people!

Squirt and I had went down to the shopping outlet to order some take-out Sushi. While we were waiting for our order the sky opened up and dumped a gazillion gallons of water in a quick fly by thunderstorm. By the time our order was ready, the sun was shining brightly and the parking lot left steaming and full of puddles.

With my hands full I let Squirt waddle closely behind me to the car and said, "Watch that big puddle!" She must have took that statement literally for watching the puddle is exactly what she did. She stopped dead in her tracks right before it and stared at it as I unlocked the car and put the groceries in. That is when I heard "HIM."

A grown man perhaps in his 30's was sitting in his truck two parking spaces down, smoking a cigarette and cheering my daughter on. Urging her by saying, "Do it! Do it! Go ahead you know you wanna! Do it!"

Just when I turned around she did it! With all her spunk and determination she gave that big mud puddle a full two footed stomp. Her shoes and socks were soaked as she stood there in the middle of this puddle with this big ornery grin of pure joy. While the grown man applauded and gave her a great big, "Thatta Girl! Good Job!"

I suppose a part of me would love to clobber the guy. Then again, there is my own ornery side that needs to thank him. Here I am busy as a bee missing out on life when I should slow down a bit and let a kid be a kid. Next time we come across a mud puddle I'm going to jump in too!

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:31 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    Jumping in puddles is such fun and every thing will dry out.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    I definitely think you should jump in. Next time I see a puddle, if we EVER get any rain EVER again, I will jump in too and think of you. Or maybe I'll just think about jumping in.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I love the idea of being relaxed enough to jump in the puddle every now and then. This gives me pause to actually do it sometime soon. Thanks. :-)

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    My poor son had to get out of the sprinkler today. We'd asked him not to make a hole if it got muddy near the sprinkler. He could only help himself for so long.

    Yes. You read that right. We told a FIVE year old that he could play in the sprinkler but not the mud and then turned our back on him to pull some of the thousands of weeds.

    We obviously sprouted from somewhere--fully grown--just yesterday--and were never children ourselves.

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    I would have had the exact same reaction! But what if she had gone through life never having experiencing the thrill of puddle stomping...the big wave!? At age 5 you almost know better but sometimes you don't wanna do better! (btw..Trish sent me!)

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger GW said…

    I found your blog through a GOogle images search for kitty litter, of all things (want a background of litter for a joke I'm working on for a friend). Your page didn't have what I was looking for, but what I found was a great blog. I'll be back to read!

    I loved your story about your kiddo jumping in the puddle. I love to walk barefoot in the rain. My husband and I do that sometimes. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises