Sunday, August 27, 2006
Goodbye Redneck Surround Sound System
Goodbye Redneck Surround Sound System. Hello Kenwood 6.1 Channel, 1000 Watt Home Theater!!

Since we share the same birthday instead of giving one another surprise gifts, my husband and I put our heads together and chip in on something awesome that we both can enjoy. Our impatience got the better of us and we went out yesterday to go get our Birthday Gift a few weeks early.

Now our Redneck Hook up of a Stereo Sound System was fairly impressive considering. However where the bass and volume rocked the house, the balance and clarity were lacking in definition. So off to Wal-mart we went. Hey, what 'ya laughin' fer? Us Rednecks always get our hook ups at Wal-mart!! It's the bomb baby!

But not this time. Oh no, our first system we hauled off and hauled in. Spent a good 2 hours hooking the stuff up and turned it on. Big Disappointment! For starters we need to hook up the DVD, the Stereo, The VCR, the X-Box, the Computer and the Digital Cable box. Needing 6 inputs we had to break back out our old redneck A/B/C/D switch. Katiebug's Barbie Boom-box has more sound potential than this piece of crap had. Back in the box the whole thing went and back we went to Wal-mart.

After zipping that refund back on our Mastercard we left that store and didn't look back. Off to Radio Shack we went. Can you imagine Gon's druelling when he found this sleek and spiffy Kenwood 6.1, 1000W System:


After we zipped this on the Mastercard we hauled it back home, stopping only for some Sushi for dinner and got to hooking the thing up. We can remove Katiebug's Barbie Boom Box out of the equation now. Our living room is small, only 14x14' and it has now turned into one big speaker. Think about it, 1000 Watts puts 50 Watts of sound blasting energy into every square foot of space! All of my fancy little knick-knacks are shimmying off their respectful places!!

Then we popped in an old DVD, "AVP: Alien vs. Predator" and our Basset hounds both are in dire need of Xanex! They are stressed. Heck, even their fleas are tweaked and have left the building. With volume, clarity and perfect balance, excuse my French but this system is 100% kick ass! I highly recommend it for anyone who may be in the market for such a home theater system now or even put on layaway for this Christmas.

(Providing, that is - you don't have any neighbors too close by.)

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 2:23 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    Happy birthday to you and your husband! I'm glad you both like your presents... it's pretty freakin' cool that you share birthdays =D

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger SJ said…

    Happy birthday. Make the walls vibrate. With the sound system!

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Oddly enough, I came home the other night and my housemate had bought a 5.1 Yamaha system, which suprised the hell out of me!

    P.S. Happy Birthday.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    I think it is cool that you share the same birthday. I am glad you found the right sound system for you.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Man…that makes me wish my wife and I had the same birthday. How cool is that?! I have a home theater on my list of things to buy soon. We have a decent stereo hooked up, but our 52” DLP Sony DLP Hi Def is begging for something like you have!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I'm glad you found one you like. For me sound is sound . I can't tell well balanced from unbalanced. The last thing I want to vibrate is my living room.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger singleton said…

    i just like noise! That you can dance to! My friends call my ladies room/men's room, only bathroom in the tiny house...THE VIBRATOR...because it's just off the living room(where the rock and roll comes from) and everything in there shakes, rattles, rolls, and VIBRATES! Enjoy! And happy Birthday to all!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday (late). I have one similar to that one in my room and it ROCKS. We have the big sub right at the foot of the bed..it vibrates my bed. (evil grin)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises