Sunday, August 20, 2006
On the Side of My Blogger Milk Carton
Peeps tend to quit bloggin' for many reasons. Some need a break, need to spend more time with the kids over the summer or some just plain suffer writer's block and go on a Fiesta for a time. Heck, some of my Bloggy Buds may even have checked themselves into rehab or gone off their wagon to fight a jihad of some sorts. Shit happens and I'm perfectly non-judgmental and understanding about that.

Then there are those Bloggy Buds who just disappear into thin air. Your browser sings to the Elvis tune of "Return to Sender". Sometimes with no goodbyes or explanation. Sometimes with an explanation that leaves you worrying about them. What can cause a person to delete a whole years worth of memories and thoughts? To think that they were useless and not worthy of taking up any Unspace on the WWW? That a poem they shared, an experience or a funny wouldn't or couldn't carry on to encourage those left behind?

When I go Blogspotting I am not looking for the perfect blog. Neither am I looking for the perfect blogger, with the perfect job, the perfect education and the perfect family and lifestyle. I'm looking for the real. The documentation of a life complete with all ups and downs. So why would I even care what a commenter or someone has to say about you? I don't.

I'm just about to turn 39 and trust me, I think I've broken 9 of the 10 Commandments and some more than once. The only one I never broke was "Thou shall not Kill" but don't think for a second I haven't daydreamed about someone's demise on a few occasions. We all have annoying peeps that come into our lives that make things miserable and worrisome. Sometimes we bring 'em on ourselves and sometimes they fly in on a Mothership from that annoying planet "Extended Family". Heck sometimes they are in your family and there isn't jack shit you can do about it.

I dig Blogger's who have Issues, they rock and are real. What has been done has been done and despite what dark valley you are blogging about being lost in - I love to see when you spot the light. I love when you laugh. I love when you celebrate. I love when you rant, cuss and let all that grief go. There's been a few blogs that have left my monitor smokin' they were so heated.

So to my Missing Bloggy Buds and you all know who you are, get back and get real. You're missed.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:37 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Sometimes its bloggers fault they are missing. If blogger goofs everything they did goes. As for the others I hope they read you blog todat and come back. Ofr if its bloggers fault. Start over.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    "I dig Blogger's who have Issues..."

    I have plenty of those :) So thanks for digging me. I dig you too. =D

    Mahalo,
    Sahar.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said…

    And then there are those of us who bug you daily :o)

    Great comment at my place today! I truly appreciate the support everyone is showing for Snow White - I think she could use some.

    Andrew

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Me said…

    You have introduced me to some blogging terms I didn't think existed.

    I honestly didn't think it had a culture of it's own.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    The post was meant especially for one special someone that I am really worried about.

    But of course, I love the rest of you. Go ahead and take a break, we all do!

    Orhan - yep, Bloggo Lingo may turn into it's own new language someday. Let's hope it mocks Perl.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    I too wonder about blogs who disappear. I worry about them, I wonder if they are okay. Maybe I care too much but I get a little window into who they are when I read their blog and when they disappear, I am concerned.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Serena said…

    i think it would probably be very easy to disappear from doing something... all it takes is a little procrastination and an out of sight, out of mind mentality.

    sometimes people just lose intrest...

    but yeah, it does suck when you get all involved in reading something (this goes especially for me with webcomics) and suddenly its on an unannounced permenant hiatus! are they dead? busy? who knows.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Alessia said…

    I wouldn't worry too much. People stop blogging for tons of reasons. Lack of interest. Computer trouble.
    Or just plain ol paranoïa, or perhaps the person said something they regretted, that got them or someone else in trouble, and decided to stop writing at all.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises