Monday, August 21, 2006
5 Pound Bag of Sugar
If you're familiar with Atkin's dieting there is this 2 week "induction phase" where you pretty much get your body kicked in high gear when it comes to evicting those nasty fat cells. Keeping your carb intake under 20gms per day you can eat all that you wish of certain acceptable foods during this time.

The first 48 hours were the toughest because I felt so hungry even though I ate all that I wanted. The hunger was my carb addicted body begging for a fix. I literally dreamed of Pancakes and syrup which would be about 360 grms of carbs by itself.

My only failure was Friday which is Sushi night around here. I allowed myself a few pieces but I just knew I was breaking the rules. I decided in the next few weeks to experiment and see if I can find away to enjoy my sushi without so much rice or maybe substitute the rice for something else. (crumbled cauliflower comes to mind.)

This week I certainly didn't have too much room for imagination, but I found a few tricks. Tossing on a 1/4 lb juicy beef patty between two big portabellas with lettuce, cheese, tomato and all of the fixin's was quite delicious. Then can I hear a "Hello in the BlogHouse" that canned whipped cream has zero carbs!! That sure made the sugar-free Jello a more enjoyable treat plus a squirt of this ontop of my morning coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Made me feel special!!

Today was weigh in day and this morning I woke up with more energy than I had in a week. I'm not even hungry anymore and I feel as if my brain fog has lifted. As I begin my second and final week of Induction, I stepped on my bathroom scale and I had lost 6 lbs!!

No disappointment here, I'm thinking a whole 5lb bag of sugar is quite a bulky thing to be carrying around all of the time. I'm 6 lbs less and well on my way to my goal. 20lbs may not seem like much to some people, but when I see a Big 20lb Bag of Wal-mart Dog Food under somebody's shopping cart I see promise.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:08 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 2:53 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I personally don't agree with the idea and education behind the Atkin's diet since there are plenty of pleasurable ways to lose weight, if you're willing to wait.

    But good luck, truly.

    I used to weigh 115kgs and managed to slim down to 86kgs. I'm now about 96kgs, but that is due to weight lifting and general excercise.

    Again, good luck.

    (Eating Sushi isn't cheating, NOT eating Sushi is just plain criminal!)

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    GOOD for you! I did atkins a few years ago and lost 30 lbs just.like.that. Easiest thing I ever did but I was in a clear mindset of wanting to feel better in my body.

    Giving up sugar and carbs was hard and I fell off the wagon hard. I'm having trouble getting back on it. :( If I could lose those same 30 lbs again and STAY THERE, I'd be happy.

    Keep us posted.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    Congratulations. I also do Atkins, kinda. I stay away from sugar, flour, potatoes, rice, etc. There are some really great recipes. Email me (maracujabr@hotmail.com). Besides the weight loss, I find I have a lot more energy staying away from simple carbs.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger SJ said…

    Six pounds is excellent, be proud!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Thanks Jayne. =O)

    Orhan: When it comes to Sushi I will find a way. Even if it uses brown rice. (less carbs) True, a balanced diet would be surberb. I'm doing Atkins for health reasons also as I have insulin resistance.

    Lisa: I lost 40lbs in 3 months on Atkins a few years ago. Then, I got preggers and the Doc said, "Eat your Carbs!!" On went the 40lbs plus baby weight. Right now, I'll be happy to see 20 go away.

    Thanks Judy!

    Ian: I'll be hashing before I know it! Just wait and see!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi
    I am back after a short break

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Yeah, about that Atkins Diet, didn't Dr. Atkins die of a heart attack?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    Congrats on the weight loss!!! Woohoo!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Ecumene said…

    So you have so many friends to encourage
    you....

    Take care baby....

    Brown rice is a good choice.....

    :)

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    6Lb is a very good loss. I hope to learn to eat sensibly.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    6 pounds is great! Ahh I am happy for you :)

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    I agree with ya! 20 lbs is LOTS of pounds!!! I only think in terms of 3 pound increments! (and I'm having trouble with THAT lately!) I only worry about the the two week period between weighs! I had thought I would lose MORE weight over the summer - but I'm coming to look forward to summer's end thinking that maybe winter really was easier... I don't know... NONE of it's EASY! LOL! Baby steps... baby steps...

    You are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises