Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Wha - Wha - Wha - What?
I got a speeding ticket in Garden City today.

Sure, go ahead and laugh at me all you want. It's alright, I'll forgive you. You barely know me after all.

But if you did know me, you'd laugh even harder. I'm 41 years old and have never had a speeding ticket. Seriously, I've been deemed a prude in the driving department plenty of times. A scardy-cat Granny who goes out of her way not to make left hand turns.

Yet I was pulled over in my own driveway and issued a speeding ticket.

I'm not laughing. In fact I'm quite confused and baffled for I know for a fact that I wasn't going fast at all. Yet I was clocked at 67 mph. How?

A quick rundown: I picked Squirt up at school, turned onto Rt. 80 in the right lane and since I live on the left just a short way down, I practically had to come to a crawl to let the traffic pass on the left so I could move over to make my left turn without passing my house.

If I remember correctly I accelerated to get into the center turn lane during a break in left lane traffic. By acceleration I'm talking a quick 6-8 yard zip from a very slow 25-30 mph to get out of the passing traffic's way.

Not 67 mph and gosh, no way I'd make it alive turning into my narrow deep ditch surrounded driveway coming in at that kind of speed.

I parked my car and was ready to go into my house and here comes the police officer telling me to get back in my car, sit down and shut the door.

I went ahead and requested that "radar - working - right - thing - a - ma - jig" and still the officer boldly states he clocked me at 67mph.

I'm sorry, but really - honestly, truly and cross my heart and hope to die - there is no way on God's Green Earth that I could have even been doing the posted 40 mph. I declare not even 1 mile over the limit or even close.

Not about to argue with a police officer I took the ticket and notified him that I still denied it and will be in court. He threw an attitude, but oh well. Still, I cannot see how in the world that this could be correct.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? Socks said I may had been clocked accelerating which would give off a bad reading. Not to mention there were a half dozen vehicles in the area at the same time. Just doesn't make sense or seem right at all.

Honestly folks, if I really believed I was speeding I'd own up to some bragging rights on this one. Pay the fine with pride. Give everyone who knows me and my driving a good laugh or two. Frame the ticket thing and hang it on my wall as my first prize for ever breaking the law.

But I know that I didn't. =O(
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 5:07 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Me said…

    I do truly fear what my first fine will be now that I'm tearing it up on the roads.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I don't want to laugh at you because I'd like to got ticket.
    It is not too bad. Really.
    I have driver licence but I don't drive....because... I scared./not about ticket/
    So you are my Hero.

    Love and hugsss

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie, I always feel that traffic signs are merely suggestions. You rock!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It happens to the best of us! I used to have a red and white 77 thunderbird in which I was caught speeding 3 times. I began to think the cops looked at the color first then the speed.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well we all got some sort of issues in life.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well this is really weird way to say things

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises