Saturday, November 29, 2008
One Tree Up and One to Go
You know, since I married and moved away from my parents home - I have never had a real live Christmas tree. In my first apartment I had a cute little 2 foot tall artificial. Did the job just fine considering. Later I graduated to a 3 foot artificial and then a 4 footer. All Charlie Brown jobs in my honest opinion, but they all have seen some really cool Christmases come and go.

Our local supermarket, Food Lion had some Frazier Firs put out a little over a week ago. The smell of the fresh cut pine tickled my nose and there was one big bad boy just sitting there calling out to me. It was huge and fluffy and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Today we all went out together to buy a real tree and I'll be - there was my tree still waiting just for me. It was raining quite hard but we managed getting the beast on top of the car and brought it home to be with us. While it sits outside to dry off we broke out the Christmas decorations and came across our old 4 footer.

What the heck! We have two living rooms so why not put up two trees!! That's exactly what Katie and I did this evening and we had a blast. Tomorrow if it ever stops raining, we'll put up the great big one in the family room.

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:55 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Evil Transport Lady said…

    Very nice:) I love the ribbon!

    We switched to fake trees as years of allergies took thewir toll.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises