Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Not so Rocking Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu!
Well, as things shall have it. (Yes Dr. John, it's THAT bad!) I went into work yesterday and by 11:30am couldn't even breath deep enough to project a whole sentence. A visit to the emergency room, three breathing treatments, some strange steroid injection, chest Xray, EKG and blood work later - the diagnoses was in. I have a bad case of Pneumonia!!!

I'm finding out that Pneumonia is not fun, but as I sit here at 4am this morning unable to sleep because the steroids have me shaking a jig - might as well write some twisted parody lyrics to this rocking song. =O(



I wanna jump but I'm afraid I'll fall
I wanna holler but my breath's too small
Chillin' and Shakin's got a hold of me too
I got the freekin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu

Got an inhaler called Abuteral,
Anti-biotics the size of a football,
Wheezin' and coughin' up gobs of goo,
I got the freekin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu

The Steroids makin' my knees to knock,
My head feels like it was hit by a rock,
Stomachs in knots and I just want to puke,
I got the freekin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu

I'm tired but I just can't sleep,
So hungry but I cannot eat,
Aches and pain's got a hold of me too
I got the freekin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu

Out of work now and gotta stay home,
Call the boss-man up on the phone,
"I'm chronically sick and there's nuttin' I can do,
I got the freekin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu."


Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:37 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Oh shi-

    Get well soon!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Now Pneumonia I understand. I had a lot of that. I felt it was my job and the stress but it really was walking pneumonia.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    Stop writing songs and get some rest, you misbehavin' patient. Get well soon.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie!

    My prayers are with you! Get well soon!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger bettygram said…

    Please get well soon. Rest is very important. You will notice after you are well that dairy products cause problems. Praying you soon will be well.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sherry Heyl said…

    I am so jealous - any sign of sickness kills my creativity. What a wonderful attitude have and what a great sense of humor. Get well soon.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I like what Sherry said - what a wonderful attitude and great sense of humor you have. It is a very good medicine.
    Thanks for sharing this "freeking pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu" lyric and video.

    But take good rest and get well soon.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises