Thursday, November 13, 2008
Breaking Girl Rule #16
"Never ever purchase or use perfume that is NOT locked up in a glass case at a Department Store."

There is a reason why they call cheap cologne Eu De Toilette Spray. That is because it smells like sh*t!!

I am deathly allergic to bug spray, it makes my throat swell up and I go into a frenzy of asthma type attacks followed by nausea and terrible headaches.

Now, a new co-worker reeks of Black Flag Ant & Roach Killer with the fresh flora scent!!!

Not really being certain on the chemistry of bug spray and why it is effective, I can only imagine every time she walks by my desk. I've adapted by holding my breath, but if she stays for awhile to ask me a question I need to gasp for air sometime, else pass out on the floor.

My sense of smell is very spot on when it comes to perfumes, soaps and other smell good scents. Easily detecting too much alcohol, oils or other chemicals in cologne. I guess you can call me a perfume snob in these matters.

Until last week I thought my nostrils have experienced it all. From fruity scents gone wrong when someone breezes by smelling like a rotting cantelope to those spicy tones that smell like someone just shit a oatmeal raisen spiced cookie.

But bug spray? This is a first for me and if it keeps up may be my last.

I know what to buy her for Christmas and pray to God that I pull her name out of the Pollyanna gift hat!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:39 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Evil Transport Lady said…

    I think even expensive perfumes smell like cat piss with a touch of raid.
    I can smell crap from a mile away, people need to stop dumping the shit on themselves.
    I'm running out of tissues and pain killers!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I have trouble with all perfumes. My lungs just can't handle them. Whsat you need is an oxygen bottle like mine.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Me said…

    My housemate gets crazy headaches from any kind of air spray. He did manage to find one that doesn't give him headaches but oddly enough it makes me sick when I smell it.

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    What ever happened to the subtlety of perfumes? Isn't that what they were intended to be? There's a lady at work who pours it on. She walks by and I continue to smell it for up to a half an hour. The straange thing about it is that the perfume isn't so bad - and it's perfume my mom used to wear, so I'm kinda torn between the nice memories it induces and pumelling the woman with a keyboard. ;-)

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    I do love the smell of flowers but I react badly to almost all perfume. Au Naturel is best.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wish I could remember the name of it but my daughters all have used a popular perfume which to me smells like Raid or bug spray. Ugh.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises