Tuesday, September 02, 2008
And She's Off!!!
Someone hand me a tissue please! My little girl and best little buddy is now officially in school!

Squirt has been very excited about this all week long. "How many more days Momma?" she would ask. She was quick to go to bed early - if not to adjust her sleeping schedules - it was as if by sleeping she could make this wonderful day come faster.

Not so last night. No, she was itching with excitement and anxiety. Jon spied her awake at 1:30 this morning but nothing stopped her from jumping out of bed when I came in to wake her up.

On with the Peter Pan blouse, school uniform and little black patent leather Mary Jane shoes. Afterward, I wrestled with the crazy curls and imprisoned some with a pretty uniform bow. It was all I could do to get her to eat breakfast this morning as she was ready to run out the door!

Down with breakfast and on went her backpack - this kid was raring to go!

Out the front door and to the car she skipped, just like an astronaut ready to take a trip into space. That huge backpack sure made it appear that way!

The nervousness and anxiety kicked into full gear once we arrived at school. Her fast paced skipping steps turned into slow motion shuffles. Daddy encouraged her from the front as I took pictures and pushed her from the rear.

Soon we were there! In her new classroom, with her new teacher and fresh new faces of potential best friends.

Her nervousness was still evident as we left her in class. In fact, my tummy is turning right now. I can't wait to hear about her day when she comes home this afternoon.

I pray it goes well.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:14 AM  
14 Comments:
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    How exciting. I hope she will report on a fantastic and fascinating day.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger tony.unwin said…

    ahhhh.... (hands tissue over) we know that feeling, but from a good few years ago... she looks so confident... I'm sure that she'll master this new world... especially with such a good friend and mother as a guide...

    hugs
    T
    x

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    She will do fine and she will have missed you.
    From this point on it only gets worse. ( not for her but you)

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Yay! What a cute little girl. Makes me think of my little girl on her way to school so many years ago.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    She is so pretty, looks like an Angel!
    I wonder about her first school day?
    God bless her school time!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger bettygram said…

    I pray that she had a great day and the days will continue to be great.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Me said…

    That is just too much. She makes my heart melt. Oh, what a sweet little angel.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said…

    Awwww...what a doll!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Deech said…

    She looks like she is handling it OK! Good for her!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    She'll do fine. Mother on the other hand may be a basket case!

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi Margie
    May god bless her to have high education.
    I cried a lot when I went to school.
    Good day 2 u and family.
    I changed my job :)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Adorable!! Pray for her daily. :)

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi Margie
    Happy onam to you and family

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Woozie said…

    I don't even know if I had a backpack my first day, let alone on that huge.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises