Tuesday, August 19, 2008
What Happened?
A fellow blogger emailed me on the side to ask what happened to the Mr. & Mrs. IOH saga and my previous job of taking care of this beloved elderly couple. As some of you know Mr. IOH passed away on Good Friday this past March. On the very day his wife, Mrs. IOH came home from the hospital/rehab from a broken hip and was happy to be home and get back on her feet again.

A few blog posts here and there have hinted upon how quickly her health deteriorated since her husband's death. It was a very difficult time for her most of all, but emotionally and physically draining for me as well.

Mrs. IOH had passed away on June 5th. A week after we moved into our new house. Two days after Squirt's last day of Pre-K and on to summer vacation. Three days before Jon was to finally graduate college.

That week my entire life as I've known it for the past four years, screeched to a sudden halt.

I've yet to write about it. I've yet to find the right words. I've yet to have closure. Mrs. IOH was a true and trusted friend and I loved her so much. Her family hasn't buried her or had a service yet and it has been over two months.

I'm dealing, but barely.

I will find the words, but for now they are all just so big that I can't fit them easily in a 10 minute read blog post. However, I do assure you - they will come.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:08 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Aww....I'm sorry. :-(

    The words will come. If you choose to share, you know your blog buddies will be here. If you choose not to, we'll still be here. It ain't always easy to translate feelings to words.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said…

    So very sorry for your loss.

    My younger brother died suddenly 4 years ago--alone--in Washington D.C. We hadn't heard from him for a few days so I flew up there; had to break into his house, and found him on the floor of the living room, his dogs standing guard over his body. Obviously, I freaked, couldn't sleep for days, cried my eyes out pretty much non-stop for 2 weeks.

    BUT--and this is why I told you that--it gets better, over time. I know you don't want to hear that but it's true. So, give in to all the stages of grieving and let it out; that's the right way and the smart way. And little by little, the pain ebbs.

    Good luck, I'll be thinking about you.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Me said…

    As bite sized as it may be I think you captured just the right words to show you're feeling. Again, Margie you're an amazing woman. Stay strong :)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    My Sincerest Condolences. I am very sorry for your loss.

    I think it just goes to show that they were soulmates. I have heard that this is very common when one of a pair dies.

    Here is hoping that you are doing OK. My prayers go out to you.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    It is hard to find closure with no service. That is one of the few good things that American funeral customs give us. I hope the family acts soon. I will certainly pray for you.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    I am also very sorry for your loss and don't feel pressured to share. You'll need to--when you think you're about to write about something else.

    You have had many, many changes in a short period of time. Take your time, take a deep breath and just enjoy today.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Some things take a lot of time. For now enjoy your memories.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises