Sunday, January 06, 2008
Margie Unplugged, "Crazy"
Obvious by my lack of posts for the week, 2008 started off with a bang. Our electric slammed off earlier in the week when we were having some wild, crazy and freezing cold weather. At first we thought is was the wind or a local transformer but soon found out it was us.

Yes, our breaker box had fried and some wires melted. I didn't gripe at all for the realization is too great - we could have burned in our sleep that night as many have done due to similar situations. The electric company came out and turned off the meter and our neighbors ran over an extension cord and a portable heater to get us through the cold night.

Work was a little crazy but not as bad as the week before. Mrs. IOH has been a charm and so has the Mr. but his skin cancer has returned again and he has to have radiation treatments twice a day. That was a shock for we thought it was going to be just once a day for five weeks.

Purchasing a laptop and getting internet service at the IOH home isn't working out as I suspected. I barely have a few minutes of sit down time at all. At least for the next few weeks.

Overall it's raining down crazy and I'm just remaining cool as a cucumber trying not to let the pressure bother me. We may be moving sooner than we thought but not to New England just yet. You may remember when we went out to look at a house a few weeks ago. We made an offer but it was turned down however, yesterday the owner called and wants to reconsider. I'm not packing just yet for it's all in the air and if it comes to be the house is furnished. I can take my time packing and bringing "stuff" over little by little.

It's all in God's hands as He knows my prayers and often, what is best for me even if I don't know it yet.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 5:37 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Sounds like life has a little bad and a little good. Perhaps the electrical work was a nudge to move.

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said…

    Just browsing the internet. You have a very, very interesting blog. Great blog.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said…

    This is not good to have the power go off and it being cold. You are lucky the neighbors had a long extension cord for the portable heater.

    Thank you for stopping by and wishing me kind thoughts, with God's help I should be better soon.

    My Haimish is a tuxedo kitty as well, he is very much a one person cat (me) where Alexander my orange and white fellow is a cat for all people. You can read all about them on their own blog.

    http://roxybarneyhaimish.blogspot.com/

    You have a wonderful day.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Wow, you have some good neighbours. And I'm amazed you're so composed under such pressure, it is admirable.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Butchie said…

    I rented a house, once, and the landlord sent over a guy to replace the fuse box with a breaker box. The guy wired one of the hot legs onto the neutral bar, wich caused half of my house to have no power and the other half to have 220. All my electronics cooked the second he threw the main breaker. I kicked him out and fixed it myself. My landlord had to reimburse me for about $6000.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises