Sunday, December 30, 2007
The Christmas Rat
During the late night hours on Christmas Eve I created a new Christmas tradition. Like many housewives who hold down full time jobs, there are issues here concerning the creation of housework.

Now, now, now I don't mind doing the normal things. Cooking, laundry and all the in betweens that keep a house in decent order. I rarely ask for help with these matters but I won't turn down any offers to do them either.

What bugs me is the not picking up after oneself. No matter where your place is in a family it is downright rude and unappreciative to toss wads of paper, snot rags and stiff smelly socks on the floor. Especially with a preconceived concept that this is alright because someone else will pick it up and put it in its proper place for you.

Thus, Mrs. Claus is going to start making a naughty or nice list and begin making house calls.

Introducing The Christmas Rat

On Christmas Eve Mrs. Claus will perform a white glove inspection of the home. She will take note on places of disarray and outright disgust. With her trusty little CSI kit she will examine with a blue light for bodily fluids and germs. Sending them to the elf lab if need be to determine the cause or rather, the perpetrator of said household offense.

He or she who has the most unclean, nastiest area will have all of their candy removed from their stocking and in it's place - a big old black rat!!

The candy of course, especially anything chocolate - will be stuffed into the stocking of Mrs. Claus for compensation.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:12 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Okay, fine. Give me the damn rat.

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger Shari said…

    *GASP* I LOVE IT! I'm getting one, I mean I'm buying a big black rat before all the Christmas boxes are put into storage! Of course, I need to buy two, because the two animals, er, men that I live with will TIE, of COURSE, and that will mean *counting on fingers and toes* oh so much chocolate for meeee! Who will have earned it after an entire year of picking up after the slimeballs.

    LOVE IT. And I think your husband is mighty cool for smiling and getting the point like that. Wait till next year. The sad rat-getters in my house will have giant pouty lips.

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Happy new year Margie

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger krystyna said…

    Hi Margie!
    Thanks for your funny, inspiring posts during this year.
    You are great friend. I'd like to give you a gift. Take it from my birthday's post.
    Wishing you happiness and prosperity in the New Year!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I think this is a wonderful idea. Now all I have to do is keep Betty from reading this blog. Happy New Year.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    okay, this I get:

    "smelly socks on the floor."

    and I get the rat.

    but, what's with the black shoe polish next to the computer?!?!

    "happynewyear!"

    B-)

    ------

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises