Sunday, December 23, 2007
Fast Food From the God Box: "Go Tell it to the Mountain"
I love the watching the History Channel because I love to learn. However, often is the case when certain topics cause me to secretly question my faith. It is very much like when a child starts to question the validity of Santa Claus.

This past week the History Channel has been doing many interesting episodes on Christmas. In six days they successfully dried up my Christmas tree and shriveled it's decorative balls. Our stockings became evil dream catchers and Santa turned into Satan. Even the myth of the German Christmas Pickle was debunked.

Television took away everything that signified Christmas to me. Right down to it being the day when Jesus Christ was born when they claimed His birthday is in September.

Do I believe all of these tales of our history? Yes indeed, but my issue is regarding on what to do about it now that I'm considering that Jesus may not be the reason for this season.

It was us who caused the whole thing. From our imaginations, our hopes, our compassion and spirits. Our beliefs, our dreams, our wishes and innocence.

Gifts that not even the most intelligent History Channel episode can squeeze out of our hearts and souls.

"Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world. You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding."
- YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS


Sorry History Channel, you can go tell it all to the Mountain. There is a reason for the season! As long as there is a gift to unwrap, a dream to come true or a prayer to be answered...

My faith will remain just like that there mountain.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:06 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Pribek said…

    Well said. Very well said.

    Yet, you left me hanging here. I must know about the German Christmas Pickle.

    If this another one of those deals where, everyone else knows about something and I don't because I was absent that day-fine. I have no problem admitting my ignorance.

    And, if it's my only recourse, I will run a search but, surely you can understand my trepidation for googling the phrase "german christmas pickle".

    Merry Christmas

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises