Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Wikiality or Truthiness?

In a little town called Pigeon Falls the townspeople often get together for coffee and saffron buns, hosting what is known there as "The Liar's Club." Each take turns telling a story, either from recent news events, history or a personal experience. The purpose is to find out who - in this tiny town - is the best storyteller on the block.

My very favorite news reporter, Stephen Colbert has sniffed out, identified and defined a new sense of biased, opinionated news media, rhetoric and spin into two separate satirical terms: Truthiness and Wikiality.

Truthiness: Truth that comes from the gut, not books. The quality of preferring concepts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts or facts known to be true.

Wikiality: Reality as defined by a consensus, particularly in a collaborative endeavor such as Wikipedia

Starting tomorrow, each Thursday I'm want to try something new by posting a short story that may be true or pure bologna. It is up to you the reader to dismantle it in my comment section by declaring if it is "Wikiality or Truthiness?" I'll post the answer in next weeks post so that everyone has had a chance to play and comment.

If you want to play along and share a big fish story of your own, let me know! I'll love to stop by and read your stories. If you happen across a news story that reads too incredible to be true, I'd love to read that also. I'll slap a Mr. Linky at the end of tomorrow's premier post for those who want to join in the fun.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:52 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    How fun! Can't wait to read your blog tomorrow. I don't know if I'm creative enough to play along, but I might give it a try!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I can hardly wait. I love pure bologna in a sandwich with rasberry jam.

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    I love that word, "truthiness." Cracked me up when I heard Colbert speaking on the subject.

    Looking forward to your next entry.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    If I had english at my command I would also have written some stories.
    Eagerly awaiting for your story

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    how are you going to decide what is wikiality and what is truthiness?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises