Friday, February 02, 2007
Groundhog's Day Gone Awry
I filled my new prescription for "Ambien CR" yesterday afternoon. It's not that I have problems getting to sleep, only staying asleep and getting a good sound rest through the night.

So last night about 9:30, I lifted up a glass of OJ and toasted to a good night sleep.



"Through the lips and on the tongue. Watch out Neurotransmitters, Ambien CR is on the run!"

About a 1/2 hour later, I sat here in front of my computer wide awake and tripping. The only way I can describe it would be that your brain suddenly looses it's "Picture in Picture" ability. Usually I can sit here blogging, listening and singing to tunes and at the same time have a cake in the oven, play Candyland with a four year old, hear and answer a question my husband just asked me.

The Queen of Multi-tasking had been trumped, by a teeny white pill called Ambien.

As the font in my browser started to sway, dance and jump off the webpage at me - I finally decided that it was time to go to bed. My brain had become useless to me and my reality was altered. I was dreaming yet still not in bed sleeping. That was until I found myself back in time 25 years ago and in my childhood bedroom.

"Margie! Wake up, it's time to get ready for school!" Mom called as I rolled over pulling the covers over my head so to not hear her and go back to sleep.

Then the chanting started. "Margie! Margie! Margie! Margie!" It was coming from outside of my bedroom window and wouldn't stop. It wouldn't let me go back to sleep and was really starting to piss me off.

So I got up out of bed. Frumpy and grumpy with lots of attitude as I dragged myself to my front door. Whatever or whoever was out there not letting me sleep was about to be doused with my garden hose and hit with an old shoe.

As I swung open the front door some guy dressed as Ebeneezer Scrooge grabbed me by the neck and shouted, "She doesn't see her shadow! Spring will be early this year!"

The crowd of people cheered. Camera's flashed and helicopters circled overhead as I hung there pissed off, half asleep and stark naked with my teeth falling out in front of my entire HS Senior class.

It was around then when my alarm clock went off and I sat straight up in bed, relieved to have returned to reality. This morning, I cannot begin to tell you if I feel fully rested or just plain scared to death to go back to sleep again.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:18 AM  
11 Comments:
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    Poor Margie. Have you tried diphenhydramine (code name: benadryl). It's what works for my husband when he has trouble staying asleep through the night. A couple at bedtime and he's a new man the next day.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I do have a bottle of those and you're right, they do make me drowsy and may work. This other stuff is too harsh for me.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Okay I will cross Ambien Cr off of my list of things to ask the doctor about.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Me said…

    I still can't believe Groundhog Day is a real event :o

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    being a doctor myself, I've had plenty of the Ambien CR on hand for quite some time, now...

    |-)

    ------------

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    I still enjoy the dreams related with my college life as a student.
    good day & nice week end

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger MRL said…

    Margie, I needed those pills and others Thursday & Friday. I use the Benadryl to sleep in the P.M.
    tablets. It contains the (di) med but I cannot take the (do) med. I am allergic to so much stuff it is not funny. I have the sleep med Dalmane on hand but haven't used it. It is an old med from the 80s which I asked the doctor to prescribe in 2006. I could take 1 tablet every two days, and sleep great!

    On another note, I lost my web blog and have established another under

    http://georgiapeachslices.blogspot.com

    Please add this one to your site. I know just enough about computers to get myself in trouble.

    Thanks,
    Millie (Peaches)

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    OooOooO! I think I wanna TRY summa dat! LOL!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    sounds awful! I take the benedryl when my husband is snoring loud enough to bring the house down! When I can't sleep, reading helps. In dire situations, open up the Bible. You will pass out in minutes. this is a known fact, lol!

    Sounds like a very disturbing dream!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    How wild!!! I need to get me some of those pills!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    I don't give Benedryl to The Cop Magnet. It makes him horny (really, it does!!) and he's horny enough. >:)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises