Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Thursday Thirteen Things To Treat Self To
Since becoming a Mother I have found that I no longer go out and buy anything for myself anymore. I have decided that this needs to change a little bit - because I deserve it dammit! Here is a list of 13 items that aren't very expensive that I will make an effort to go out and buy just for myself before this year is through:

1. A set of earrings, a nice set and not those cheapie hypo-allergenic turn green kinds.

2. Some new make-up. Nothing much but you're supposed to throw away make-up after a certain time. Not that there is an expiration date on it or anything, but I need some of the new basics.

3. A pretty nightgown. Wearing the husbands t-shirts and oversized t-shirts to bed can be sexy some of the time. However it gets old after awhile. I need something pretty.

4. Bras! My boobies have shrunk since having a baby. I went from a full D to a weird Jellyfish shaped C that literally swim in the sling-shots they are currently resting in. In fact, I'm still wearing some of my nursing bras from almost 4 years ago!!!

5. Nice pair of sneakers (walking/running shoes). Since I've started to exercise more these flat $2.99 Ked knock-offs aren't helping my feet any. It's time for a new pair of Nikes!

6. Socks. Kinda go with the sneakers not to mention my socks are all faded, worn and have lint balls all over them.

7. New Pillow. A nice pillow this time, maybe even down. These poofy Granny ones that Wally World sells for $5 go flat in not time flat. Stiff necks are no fun and Gon has stolen the only feather pillow I do have left.

8. Some shelving for all of my books. They are starting to stack up on my dresser.

9. One of those big fluffy super-sized bath towels!

10. A few dozen nice hangers. I have those wire hangers and they are terrible!! Why Lord? Why do I have to be such a cheap skate?

11. New eyeglasses made out of glass and/or contacts. My specs are so scratched up despite the amount of care I take to treat them well. I also fall asleep watching TV and soon pop the screw on the side where I lay over. Eyeglasses in the hot summer months fog up everytime you walk into a cold air conditioned building. I gotta try contacts. (although lasic surgery would be optimal.)

12. Batteries! (Don't ask)

13. Last but not least a new pocketbook. I've been lugging this one around for years and it is too small for all the stuff I have to carry these days.

Have a great Thursday Everyone!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:07 PM  
31 Comments:
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    My mother recently bought all that stuff. Except for the...batteries...

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Yes, I must know what the batteries are for. >:)

    Shoe are good...so are shelves. I want some shelves.

    My TT is up - 13 things not to do while driving.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Tug said…

    #4 cracked me UP! I have a hard time shopping for myself...I'm trying to learn also.

    Happy TT - mine is up!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Batteries? Hmmm.... :D

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said…

    #4 had me rolling! LOL!!! So funny. I agree with you about the nightgowns!

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger betsy said…

    You're right! You do deserve it...

    You GO!

    Happy Thursday!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Out of everything, I think you should get the batteries first. LOL!
    My list is very similar to yours.

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I need new make-up like you wouldn't believe. Especially mascara...you know how they say you are suppose to replace it like every 3 months? Yeah...well...umm.

    I've always wanted one of those towels, too. A towel that will fit and make me NOT feel fat. I saw them pretty cheap in the LTD catalog...but go buy a nice expensive one for yourself!

    Batteries? How can I not ask? I have a feeling you aren't telling, though. :)

    Happy Thursday!

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear you! I wear the same old things over and over and I'm relunctant to buy anything for myself (other than books of course!).

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you wrote a list about treating yourself to things! If Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Gattina said…

    You are absolutely right.Sometimes each woman should spoil herself !
    Happy TT !

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehe - yay for getting shinies for yourself :)

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger ela zawrat said…

    Margaret - have fun shopping! And in the meantime, take a look at this post - it's about you - I hope you don't mind being quoted. Hugs. Ela

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOU GO! You deserve it... seriously!

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    Go for it, Margie... you deserve it. There's something about motherhood that makes it hard to think about ourselves, and it gets to be a habit if you aren't careful. Trust me... I know. After three kids I still have trouble buying things for myself that are "luxuries." Make-up, I use 'til it runs out. I KNOW it's supposed to be replaced every so often, but... I just can't do it! lol

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Just D said…

    That was me... NOT anonymous! Now get shopping girl!

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Colleen Gleason said…

    You go, gal!

    Bras are a big one. Ever so important for keeping things...neat and organized. ;-)

    Makeup, too. Nothing like a new tube of lipstick. Have fun!

    Mine's up--13 Fictional Men I'd Love to Run Off With.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    take me with you when you go shopping for these things? :)

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    All I can say is.. Amen, Sista!

    Let's go shopping together, shall we?


    Have a great Thursday!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry about that...posted twice. premature clicking, i guess.

    great list! and a new pillow? can make a world of difference!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    How much you want to bet you will only end up getting the batteries.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on the bras and shelving! Great list. Oh, I'm off to buy some makeup today!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    I recently splurged on decent sports bras and aerobics shoes, and felt at once decadent and pampered. You're so right--as moms, we're used to taking care of everyone else, it's important to take care of ourselves, too.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you! It's amazing how we forget ourselves once we have that little bundle of joy, eh?

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My goodness, these all sound like necessities to me - you better get busy and get these all soon! Have fun shopping, you totally deserve it! :)

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Meira{FB} said…

    OMG! I so forgot I need lip liner before work tomorrow! I'm so glad you said make up!!!!!!!

    So much for visiting the rest of TT! I'm off to belks! Later dude!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Badpatty said…

    Pepperoni and Italian sausage pizza from Vinnie Van GoGo's ought to be on there somewhere.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    Sorry, I missed this post when I was here yesterday. Great list. I need 1-7 and batteries. :-)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Uisce said…

    wifey just surprised me with a package of new socks... they're so comfy!! happy belated TT to you!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go for the treats! You deserve 'em :)

    Happy weekend!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises