Sunday, September 24, 2006
Margie Unplugged
What do I want to be when I grow up? It is a question I've been asked dozens of times and I've had dozen of different answers. This morning as I look around me, take stock in the next 500 things that depend on me doing yet again as this new week rolls around - I'm beginning to wonder, at what moment did I sign up for all of this shit?

Now Domestic Engineering was a given trade that I have learned from the moment I started picking up my own toys. I had the usual responsibilities as a kid to keep my room clean, do the dinner dishes, take out the trash and clean the bathroom once a week. I so wish that was ALL I had to do now.

Girl Scouts was cleverly disguised as being a fun activity with friends as a Troop to earn brightly colored different badges. I'll admit it, I was a Badge Whore and had to pursue them all. Looking back, it seemed all them trained me in a variety of talents and abilities to help guide me into adulthood. To help me decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. Looking back now, I'm fairly sure this WAS the exact moment I did sign up for all of this shit!

I'm still wearing these badges! Granted there are some I don't mind labeling me. The Child Care and Pet Care Badges for example. I love being a Momma to my human, furry and feathered children. All of those fun Badges that gave and revealed to me what my talents were such as crafts, music and hobbies - I don't have the time for any longer. No. Instead, I carry about each day wearing the Badges of Laundry, Dish-Washing, Cooking, Garbage-Disposer, Nurse & First Aid, Accounting, Car Care, Weatherman, Community, Neighborhood and Taxi-Cab Driver. I won't even mention the dreaded Penis Care Badge.

Anyhoo, it has taken me 3 hours to get this far on this post. Granted there were many interruptions due to Badge Duties and responsibilities. I just sat down yet again after tossing in a load of unexpected laundry. I so need to find time for those fun badges again - for in those are the labels that I don't mind wearing or signing up for. I keep sighing and saying, "Someday" but you know, all I have is today..

...and this morning I look around me and take stock in the next 500 things that need doing. Only to sigh and and succumb to my deep innermost desire to say, "Shit."
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:19 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    This doesn't even relate...but I put more guidelines up for you. LOL

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    You forgot your most important badge "Blog Writer Extrodinary"

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    I find myself in need of some fun badges too. Fortunately my juvenile brain keeps me having fun no matter what I’m doing…most of the time. Hope the rest of your Sunday brings you things you want to do.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Butchie said…

    Penis care badge. Nice.

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi
    If some thing from past makes you happy,then stick on to it.
    (how is my advice;It may sound like an
    Indian Godman)

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    You will just have to make time for the fun badges.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Me said…

    *registers BadgeWhore.com to be safe*

    I love badges also, especially when I have to wear a tie. I usually wear a badge for the charity of the month. It is a thing that is going in Australia at the moment; few months ago it was for the local Childrens Hospital, then Jeans for Genes day, then a yellow daffodil one for breast cancer. And so on.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises