Tuesday, September 26, 2006
The MargieMix Diet
I just realized that I forgot to blog yesterday on how my diet is doing. Wanna know why? Because I QUIT but I did turn things around yesterday and I'm trying a whole different approach. Dr. Atkins get outta my way!!

All respects to Lo Carb dieting, I did manage to loose and maintain a 15lb weight loss and that isn't too shabby to say the least. However I seem to be stuck on this plateau of sorts which means it is time to kick things up a notch. I started a lo-impact aerobics routine that I can do in my own home to encourage cardio-exercise. No special celebrity or squeaky Richard Simmons to make me haul my butt around. Nope, just a simple Google Search of aerobic routines and one of my very own Club Music CD's.

I got to thinking that when I was thinner - I was going out with friends and dancing the night away and then hitting up Denny's at 2am for a carb and calorie loaded breakfast to die for. Married life doesn't allow me to do that anymore so why not dance at home with Katie. It was fun and entertaining, especially when the dog made me trip and fall over on the sofa.

I did manage to drop those 6lbs I gained from last week, but to be honest I don't know how. I don't know how I even gained them. So I'll just chalk them up to a scale fluke, water retaining or that time of the month kind of girlie-stuff. I've also decided to eat more. Yes, more! I never eat breakfast or lunch and have a bad habit of nourishing myself only at dinnertime. So when I went shopping yesterday I bought some fresh fruits, whole wheat bagels, whole grain cereal bars and oatmeal. Plus some ground turkey instead of high fat burger and some other lo-fat items.

I'm going to try the lo-fat and no sugar diet now with the extra dance exercise to see how that works. I'll take a bit of the Atkins approach with me and will refrain from refined flours and starchy food products whenever possible. We'll see how it works, for I may have to adjust things here and there. For now, I'll try eating fruits and higher calorie items in the morning to energize me through the day and save the proteins and veggies for lunch and dinner. If all goes well - maybe I'll be lucky and by this time next week be able to proudly say...

"I lost the entire 20lbs!!!!" Here's to wishful thinking! (Holding up a glass of Snapple Sugar Free Peach Tea to my diet buddies out there.)
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 4:44 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Come and join Sparkpeople!! :)

    It is FREE. I've been there since April (but got lazy around June with J had surgery). I am down from 136 to 123...eight more pounds to go but feel so much better than I used to (joint wise with the Lupus). They have exercise plans (and demos), menus (or add your own), message boards, etc. It is FREE!! I am on there as my old moniker (robinc1117). I can send you a referral if you want.

    Later tater and come read about DS1 and what happened Saturday.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    I think the answer is just to keep at it and forgive yourself if you fall off.Dr John started and it has helped me because the snacky stuff is gone. We are just eating less. The dancing is a good idea.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Right on. I like the dancing at home idea. If I could dance worth a shit I'd give it a try. Besides, my daughter wouldn't be able to keep from laughing!

    I've dropped 6lbs since the weekend before last...modified Atkins (i.e. I try!).

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Me said…

    That awesome news Margie.

    Personally, I can't wait to get a freakin' excerise bike going in my place. Walking in this area shits me to tears - some people are just too rich and lucky.

    I know it sounds stupid but don't be afriad to check out BodyBuilding.com ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=GeneralTraining ). You don't have to be a meat head like myself to visit the site. All the information I've gathered over the years is from one single website. Looking at the body transformations section is also inspiring since most women tend to just want to lose fat.

    Good luck missy!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Loner said…

    gluconeogenesis - when you skip meals, your liver, which has stored suger, releases sugar into the blood stream. Since this is an emergency mechanism, like your emergency brake in the car, you don't want to use it all the time. THe sugar release is not measured well - so if there is a big release, skipping a meal may get you the equivalent of a half a dozen donuts - which your body will then store as fat.
    So your conclusion to eat more - and more often is exactly the key when coupled with increased activity. (I normally don't comment about diet stuff since I do this for a living, but you were dead on, and I thought someone should tell you - Stace)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises