Monday, September 18, 2006
Lots of Pain - All Gain!
Crap! Today - week six started with some terrible news from Mr. Bathroom Scale. I gained 6 lbs. Granted, last week was my birthday week but I didn't go off the wagon too terribly bad. Sure I had Birthday cake but I didn't eat 6lbs of birthday cake.

I will try not to be too upset over it, after all it could be any number of things. Being a Woman isn't all fun and games you know. We retain water, land pregnant and our bodies can react to any number of things. There is also the possibility that the weight gain was muscles being formed or water retained due to medication that I am taking.

I'm going to try something a little different and try a lo/no-fat diet for the next few weeks. Putting the Atkins Lo-Carb on hold for a bit. I have the feeling that all diets are not equal - just as we are all different. It is going to take some time and journaling to find out how my particular body works and how it responds to different things.

All that I know now, is that this lump of clay has changed over the past few years. I also don't want to eat like a Bunny rabbit for the rest of my life in attempts to stay thin. What I really want and need to do is to find out what this body wants and work with that. Thank heavens for blogging for I can journal my attempts and look back and see what works and what doesn't.

Besides the lo/no-fat diet, I am also going to try to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually don't eat until dinnertime and by that time, I'm starving. So that's it for this week. No Fat, eat breakfast and try to fit in a bit more walking/exercise. My gardens need a good weeding, maybe I'll do that.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 5:23 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Studies show that a woman that eats breakfast is LESS LIKELY to snack because she just doesn't feel as hungry if she has a GOOD breakfast (note: not just a piece of dry toast). A little fat is GOOD for you. It is good for your brain. Try sparkpeople.com. Great recipes and support.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you ever heard of "The French don't diet?"
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?dest=9999999997&product_id=5041438&sourceid=1500000000000001827190

    It's all about cutting out the real bad things for you, the artificial things, chemicals and preservatives! in order to make diet food....low fat, low calorie low carb or whatever, they replace ingredients with chemicals! I really like the philosophy and tend to agree. years ago before this book even came out I lost weight by doing the basic same things as this diet stresses. Eat Naturally!!! you would be surprised the things you can eat and still lose weight!
    and the book is not all that expensive, I've heard it's pretty good altho I haven't bought it yet.
    Just my suggestion...Good luck!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    Good luck with the diet. I have been losing weight steadily since January it has been a long journey but I am so pleased with where I am getting to be.

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Don't forget that there is a great difference between weight gain and fat loss. Did I just blow your mind?

    If you're more active than usual chances are your body is developing muscle, which is twice as heavy as fat. Also, water retention tends to happen and the body also has instinctive power over itself as far convincing it to loose fat.

    Personally, I don't agree with your diet but it seems to be working. Just don't worry too much. When you can see it piling on then you have a problem, just don't get it confused with getting toned.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises