Saturday, August 12, 2006
Woman Comes Home to Find House Cleaned
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - When Debbie Phillips tried to report a crime, police just snickered. "I told him that someone came into my house and cleaned," she said. "He just laughed."

Call the police? Goodness! I'd hit my knees and start singing praises to Jesus!

The problem wasn't that her home smelled a little fresher or looked a little tidier. The problem was that Phillips had no idea who the mystery cleaner was. Her husband denied cleaning up the joint. So did her next-door neighbor. Everyone she asked denied responsibility.

Husband? A episode production of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" would be my first guess. Heck when it comes to my Husband I'd believe in Tinkerbell Faeries and Gnomes before the possibility of him picking up a dust rag.

Nearly a month passed before the mystery was solved. As it turns out, her neighbor across the street, with a similar house number, the same number of rooms to be cleaned and a house key hidden in a similar spot outside, had hired a cleaning service. "They just came to the wrong door," Phillips said.

See what I mean? Ungrateful people like this ALWAYS get the good stuff happening to them and don't even publically Thank or Praise anyone. It is as if there is this big spiritual battle between Karma and Murphy's Law and Murphy has the lead!

Seriously! I won't ever fall on to big money but I'd bet big money would fall on to me! Some big airliner jet flying above my house looses some cargo and a duffle-bag full of rolled quarters would make a bee-line right at me. Crashing through my roof right on top of my computer and I would suffer shrapnel wounds from head to toe. Heck, toss in an exploding ink cartridge for good measure.

I'd still thank the Good Lord! At the very least for some excellent blogging material!

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 1:06 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG - Dude just read that article to me yesterday...It's even FUNNIER when I am taking Tylenol 3!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    And then, when she goes back outside to talk to the neighbors, she finds her car has been stolen while she was gawking at her clean house.

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    I think the thing the lady should do is to pay for her neighbors house to be cleaned.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Alessia said…

    I would have been freaked... as much as I would appriciate the clean house and all that, I really would never pay anyone to do it for me because I don't like people touching my stuff. I wouldn't be able to find it afterwards!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises