Monday, August 14, 2006
Time To Go on a Diet!
When I was in my early 20's I was stricken with this PCOS; Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My main issue with PCOS is the Insulin-dump or Insulin resistance.

In healthy people the pancreas knows how to measure how much insulin to send out according to what you have eaten. In my case, one M&M which should require just a squirt instead gets the whole gallon dumpage. Basically I have overdosed on Insulin so often that I have developed a tolerance to it.

Sugar and Carbs instead of getting insulin to guide them into energy, decide instead they want to move in and stay with me. Turning themselves into nasty little fat cells that lay around and don't pay rent.

So again, my battle begins to evict these little lazy good-for-nothings and I must employ a Low-Carb and High Protein Atkin's style of diet to be successful. I suppose I should make lo-carb eating a lifestyle and not as a twice a year weight management but I can't help it. I love my breads, rice, potatoes and yes... my M&M's and chocolate!

Today I begin in hopes to loose at least 20lbs by Thanksgiving so I can not feel guilty over digging into the stuffin' and gorging on Pumpkin Pie. On Mondays I'll post my diet rants and share my success and failures for the next few weeks.

For now, I have a clean refrigerator which amazingly survived from last Thursday and is back to making ice cubes again. This afternoon I'll go shopping and stock up on low carb items. One thing I love about Lo-Carb dieting is that you are allowed to eat as much as you want of certain items and you won't feel hungry. I even learned some nifty tricks so I can have Coconut Custard, Flan and even chocolate treats to satisfy the sweet tooth and trick the pancreas.

If any bloggers wanna diet along with me, I welcome your support and I will gladly cheer you on also!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:32 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello!!
    thank you very much the comment on my blog!
    so, you're starting a diet to lose weight. I hope you can reach the results you wish!! if you need, I'll send you some positive vibes, from portugal!
    I will be visiting your blog regularly! :)
    kisses!

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Nuno Carvalho said…

    Hello, to answer about the animal drink a milk in a beer bottle, the photo isn't from Oporto, but it is in village near Bragança, called Lagoaça. A beautiful place to visit at 250 Kms from Oporto.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too have PCOS...I totally understand where you are coming from. I, unfortunately need to lose about 60 pounds....
    I hope you lose all the weight you want. I'll be checking back to see how you are doing. I visit your blog daily!! Have you ever heard of the GI diet? Might be worth looking into.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger SJ said…

    I'll cheer you on from across the globe!

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey hun. I have so much weight to loose. But you know what works 99% of the time? Don't focus on it to where you dwell on it. it will only make you hungrier. And if you crave something eat it. Otherwise you will never get full. I haven't lost a l,ot of weight till this year (only about 20-30 lbs cuz of my leg), but that works at the very least. With my leg almost completely healed I am going to start exercising. Anyhow that ticker is at http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    where can i get marijuana from?
    do i need a prescription?

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Reverberate58: I did so well on the Lo-carb a few years ago, losing 40lbs in 2 months without really even trying. Of all the diets I've tried this one seems to be the most pleasant. (after you get past the first week or two of induction.)

    Millhaven, Jayne, Ian: Thank you!!!

    Anonymous: Truthfully I need to loose about 60lbs myself but for now I'll settle for 20. Infertility is also a complication of PCOS, the last time I lo-carbed I ended up pregnant with my first at age 35!!

    Jessika: Thanks for linkage. I may get brave and post my photo and weight here in a week or so. I'm so scared of the camera lately. =O)

    Saby: Sorry can't help you in the MJ quest. There are 9 US states that allow you to have/purchase it with a prescription but it is still "federally" illegal. If you're lucky you'll find it growing wild, it is a weed and can pop up in the strangest of places.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My TT is up (and early). I'm not dieting, per se...but I am striving to just eat better and move my butt more. You know you got me, babe!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger JayMonster said…

    I just started the Shangri-La Diet about 9 weeks ago and have lost 24 lbs thus far (I have far more to lose than you do... so the 24 is just a start). I have my diet blog at http://sldexperiment.blogspot.com.

    Go diets... do your thing.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises