Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Husband's Hero Status now Downgraded
No way. Nuh uh. You have GOT to be kidding me!

Last evening my husband posted a blog about his self-implied heroic attempts to battle a creepy Palmetto Bug. (I thought you were studying for your final today, Gon?)

He, in fact, did kill the bug yesterday morning and would have used dynamite if it were available. But it was an entire different story last night when I let out a shriek of horror.

I went to bed before him and as I was laying there halfway between consciousness and sleep, something cold and wet plopped on my face. I jumped up half suspecting the roof was leaking thanks to Tropical Storm Alberto but instead upon my pillow, I found this:


A Tree Frog!

It stared at me with it's beady eyes as I let out a scream chuck full of shock and horror. Lord have mercy as I don't have any inkling how that thing could have have entered the house; but it did and it didn't look too happy about being inside either.

Mr. "Blow 'em up and swat 'em down" from earlier in the morning suddenly turned into Steve Irwin; The Crocodile Hunter. In a low whisper full of awe and adrenaline he examined the nasty little tree frog;

"Whoa mate! Here we have the classic tree frog. Totally out of his natural environment and urinating on my Sheila's pillow as he fears for his life."

What an idiot!!!! Smush the thing already!!

He didn't. The cold blooded beady eyed creature leaped all over the bedroom while Gon tried to capture it in order to save its life and release it outside. Instead it managed to hide itself behind the dresser when Gon gave up and suggested we leave it there. Assuring me that it would come back out eventually.

Around 3:30 am the chirping began and there laid my husband snoozing away as if he was camping in the great outdoors or something. Some hero he is!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:34 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    I believe you! Although--I must tell you--maybe your husband's hero status could be updated based on my husbands response to a mouse in the house. I desperately wanted him to help me catch the mouse scurrying across the living room floor--right in front of us. Taking a sip of his coffee-he courageously announced...."the mouse found it's way in...it will find it's way out!"

    Some Knight in shining Armor! Well, maybe to the mouse!

    Diane

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    That's when I'd make a trip to the Animal Shelter and bring home a cat.

    A dog may be a man's best friend, but when it comes to a mouse in the house - a kitty can be a ladies best friend. -M

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises