Friday, December 12, 2008
Flying by the Seat of Your Pants
Well, I just couldn't take it anymore so I ran to the hills. That workplace was so unstructured, so stressful and so chaotic that anyone with half a brain would run out of their screaming. In fact many had and I'm "just like the rest of them" now.

It's a shame really, for the owner is my husband's friend and business partner. One of the reasons I stayed on as long as I did. But I have to tell you, quitting wasn't easy - not at all - due to that little complication.

Truth was I was stressin' way before I fell ill with pneumonia. Not that the job gave me pneumonia but working 19hr days and wearing myself out mentally as I had - certainly had to have something to do with my weakened immunities.

The absolute be-all-end-all is this upcoming Obama Inauguration trip. Now I'm not going to say another word about that - other than I'll be sure to report on it this January 21st.

Anyhoo to put things more simpler, I'd rather work in a structured environment even during rush hour, flippin' burgers, slappin' cheese on the things and handing them out a drive-by window. For minimum wage even! Anything than to work at that God forsaken office ever again.

I feel bad and sorry for "The Don" actually. Except now I know a few things and one of them being that he doesn't listen very well. The poor guy needs a break and needs to delegate jobs and authority to others without snatching that authority away and taking it back because he fears change.

Change is good, especially if your employees are quitting left and right. "The Don" needs to restructure and hopefully now that I'm out of there he'll someday sit down, have a beer with me and listen. I'm afraid he won't though for he is just so stubborn. I worry for him, for unstructured situations tend to collapse in this day and age.

There's a difference between walking on faith and flying by the seat of your pants. I'm thankful to "The Don" for giving me the opportunity to experience and recognize the difference.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:03 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Evil Transport Lady said…

    I hope all goes well at your next job! 19 hour days????? F That!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Gordon Ramsay should expand his television enterprise. Either that or The Don should combine his current business with a restaurant.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Woozie, It didn't hit me at first but you are spot on with the Hells Kitchen analogy.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I am glad to see that you are recovering your insane job. Shitty time to be out of work though so I am hoping that you and the family are doing OK.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises