Friday, October 17, 2008
Stealing Staplers V: Promotion and Raises
It's hard to believe just a few short weeks ago that I was complaining about getting an office job. It's only been a month ago on the 15th when I decided to tackle the job with a different attitude.

Here I am sitting early on a Friday morning ready to seal, sign and deliver yet another week to the 9-5 hustle. Completely, utterly floored and amazed that in this short time I've accumulated two hefty pay raises, a new tape dispenser and my stapler still rests upon my desk.

Almost lost it earlier in the week. Having the office printer a few steps away from my desk seems a bit convenient for those who need a stapler or various office supplies in a pinch. Our Reservationist freaked out Wednesday that her Swingline stapler had gone missing and in hopes to let her borrow my cheap Quill knock-off... I realized that it was missing also!

Only to be found a few feet away sitting on top of the copier. Her's on the other hand, we still have an APB out on. The situation may or may not be a good sign. One that we'll find out for sure either way in the next week or two.

In the meantime, just as I was getting comfortable in my little bit of Office Space, the space directly next to me has become vacant. Why anyone would quit their job in these harsh economic times is beyond me, but they do.

What amazes me the most is that just in the past week the phone has been ringing off the hook with peeps looking for a job and wanting to fill out an application. It wasn't doing this a month ago, yet again many local companies here in Savannah have let employees go by the hundreds recently. There are rumors of many more to come. So basically, it's not a good time to up and quit a job. That's for certain.

Tuesday evening I was told that "I do not know it yet but I'm getting another raise and promotion."

The Bossman is out of town until Monday when we have a big office meeting planned. So I suppose I ought to take today casually. I have a feeling that starting next week there are going to be some challenges before me that are going to make me gripe, feel scared and feel unsure again.

Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew....

I'm afraid on what I'm about to find out.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:05 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Consider yourself lucky. 1. you have a job. 2. You are doing a good job. And put your name on your stuff!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Whatever comes two things are sure.
    1. You can handle it.
    2. You won't lose your stapler.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger bettygram said…

    You must be doing a good job, so maybe what comes will be good.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Evil Transport Lady said…

    I'd say use your desk drawers if possible. I hate when my stuff goes missing!

    As for the meeting, hang in there, they must like you to be getting raises etc. !

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Amen, sis.

    This post reminds me of Fun With Dick & Jane and Office Space.

    Congratulations on the good work and the rewarding challenges you've conquered!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises