Sunday, October 05, 2008
Fast Food From the God Box: "So Retarded!"
Yesterday I received a comment on my About Me page from some Sarah-Palin-wanna-be who was upset over a comment that I had left over on Dr. Chips blog. Clearly, she took my words way out of context and doesn't know the difference between the Mentally Disabled and Retards. Then she got all up and judgmental on me in regards to my Mothering and Christian skills.

Basically I'm very politically incorrect and thus unfit to be a Mother. My goodness, take away my only child because she happens to have a Mom who has the word "retarded" in her vocabulary. Pay no never mind to the fact that the child is well bred, well fed and well read. I just asked Squirt about this this is how our conversation went down.

"Honey. What is a Retard?" I asked.
(shrug) "I don't know." she replied.
(eyes light up) "Oh, I know! It's somebody who is stupid."

I told her; "Yes Honey but what if a person can't help but to be stupid or silly. If they were born that way?"

Squirt replied, "Then they need a nurse. Or I know, a Momma! Someone who... to take care of them, watch them and give them lots of love."

"What if they CAN help it and are just acting stupid?" I asked.

(shrug) "Then they are being retarded!" she answered.

Way to go kid!

Now on to the judging of my Christianity. I could go on, bring up and judge a few incredible things found on Ms. Lindsey's Desperate Glamorous Housewife blog.

Glamorous Housewife

I won't. Wanna know why?

Because Christians are Biblically advised not to judge. We are to be Christ-like in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in forgiveness and display by the Spirit an absolute unconditional love.

The Lord has been very patient with me. Thank heavens He has because I tend to laugh at crazy, retarded, politically incorrect stuff such as this:



Byeeeeee!!!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:08 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:19 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Retarded Policeman <3

    You handled yourself remarkably well, Margie :)

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Reminds me of that discussion I had a while back with some guy who took issue with former blogger Dawn (WebMiztress), who used the word "gay" to refer to something lame. It kills me how some people go out of their way to be offended by others.

    If you get some time, here's the post. The comments are fun.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Are you sure, you don't want to have an affair with me? My God Woman! Your politically incorrectness is such a turn on!

    Sounds like that asswipe needs to be placed in the Hurt Locker...Go ahead and dump him in there for a couple of rounds!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Of course we shouldn't judge. But if we were going to be judged political correctness is the very last thing we should be judged on. I just can't imagine God being concerned unless we are using language to hurt somebody but we can do that and be politically correct.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises