Sunday, October 19, 2008
Fast Food From the God Box; "WTF Clouds"
Okay, I'll admit it - I'm a strange sort of Christian. I defy the stereotype and always felt very uncomfortable trying to pretend to be just like God. It's impossible and it feels downright mean to put on a holier than thou persona - not to mention, it makes me feel fake.

To complicate matters I fully admit to having something that I can only define as inaudible Torrettes Syndrome. The discipline that it takes not to act out or speak out regarding the many WTFs that run through my mind is not a strength I can stake claim to. If it weren't for faith, I'd surely let it all out.

Strange as it may seem I do believe that God understands my WTF questions. I believe it was an intended part of the whole free-will addition to our meta-physical make-up. Often somebody does something that make us all wonder what in the world possessed them to do such a thing. God knows the answer and I'm content with knowing that at least He does - even though I do not.

Then there are times like a week ago when our roof blows off at 3:30 am in the morning. The Insurance adjuster defined it on paper this week as an Act of God. Thankfully I have the insurance to cover this damage and also I am Thankful to God himself that I have the assurance to be able to deal with it.

Christians come in many different shapes, sizes and talents. God is so infinitely BIG that it takes a whole lot of us to represent Him and His many traits. I'm content representing His awesome all encompassing grace.

After all, next to the Platypus - I'm most likely next in line for being the highest generator of WTF questions.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 5:28 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Platypuses (I thought it was Platypi but spell checkkk seems to disagree) are awesome. Who would win, God or an army of 100 million Platypuses?

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Me said…

    They're awesome because they're Australian.

    I'm agnostic though I understand 100% what you're saying. I act in very much the same way even though I don't believe in a specific God, I try to be as well natured as possible on the outside ;)

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    A good thought for the day.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    Love this thought:
    "Thankfully I have the insurance to cover this damage and also I am Thankful to God himself that I have the assurance to be able to deal with it."

    God luck and keep your fath!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I ate the one letter,
    Keep your faith and
    have a great week ahead!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    I don't think God minds your mental WTFs. I don't think he minds minds verbal WTFs either.

    The Christians I respect are those who live their lives loving and accepting their fellow man; those who do not condemn different people or beliefs; those who believe killing is wrong. You strike me as one of those kinds of Christians. :-)

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Russell said…

    Enjoy your blog! I came over from Jo's blog.

    I hope the Phillies do well in the series. Unlike a lot of people, I was pulling for them and the Rays to get in. I love the underdog and this is truly an underdog series!

    I laughed at your post about the stapler.

    Take care.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    First off...now that my Redsox are out of it...Go Phillies!

    Secondly, I think the problem here is with the insurance and not God. I think they should take out the Act of God clause...in your case, a strong enough wind could be produced in a lab....hence..God should be left out of it.

    It does give me fodder for the Hurt Locker...however...

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Very good thoughts. Personally, I'm just glad God has a sense of humor! And Go Rays! Sorry...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises