Monday, June 16, 2008
Happy Belated Father's Day
A Very Happy Belated Father's Day to all the Dads out there in Bloggerland! We had a relaxing and chilled out Dad's Day yesterday. Gon finally got the riding lawn mower to run. Funny thing about the riding lawn mower. It only works when it wants to work. There is no rhyme nor reason to why it won't kick over on one day versus another.

A "Gremlin" I say. A Gremlin.

Last year on Father's Day my blog post was a bit harsh concerning my own father and our past together. Looking back now, I won't delete the post but I do feel a bit differently concerning things. I'm glad that I let it all out and back then I needed to do that. Today, after so many events that unfolded this past year - my feelings are of grace and understanding.

If my Father wasn't the way that he was, I wouldn't be the way that I am today. I cannot blame him for all my idiosyncrasies or for anything that I do not like about myself. Instead I can credit him for all about me and my life that is right. Whether they be set by lessons learned by correction, good example or bad example.

Even the tough, unfair things - if it weren't for them, how could I be so passionate against such matters today? Strange as it may sound, we are all a work in progress - often generation by generation. We can accept what was wrong with our parents character and turn that around within our own. We can also embrace all that was good in our parents and carry on our shoulders the honorable and good things.

On another note, as promised I found the correct USB cable for the camera!! Here's a photo of BoBo's garden.


Happy Father's Day to all!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:55 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    HFD!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger bettygram said…

    I am sorry for your loss. The dog we had as the children grew was called BoBo.He was 14 years old when he died. Your garden is such a nice tribute to him.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am glad you have released your issues. It takes a wise person to understand and be able to move on. I like the garden. Sorry to hear of your loss.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    The garden is beautiful and such a wonderful way of memorializing him. And, I'm glad you are being able to put the past behind you and move forward. I think you're right. Last FD, you needed that catharcis (sp) in your life. Now that you've released all of it, you can move on with the healing.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises