Thursday, April 24, 2008
Today, I went outside.
Today was the best day that I had in ages! It was normal. It was calm. The closest thing to drama will be the next episode of ABC's "LOST" that will be on TV within the next hour. It was absolutely, incredibly fantastic!


It all started with not getting up this morning. My wonderful husband helped Squirt to get dressed and took her off to Pre-K. I awoke just an hour later to the invigorating smell of fresh Starbucks coffee brewing.

Later I had lunch and great conversation with my best friend. We went out to look at our new home to be. She has the coolest sense of style and I can't wait to hear her decoration ideas. At the moment the new home is fresh painted, paneled and carpeted with two - yes two - photos of happy, smiling, Buddy Jesus portraits that came with the house.

Interesting wall art, but not anything that should be hanging in my bedroom as I undress and carry on with marriage consummation rituals. Not that this happens often these days anyhow.

But after today, I'm definitely in need of more of these kind of days. I'm going to cut back the working hours and add them to my family, friends and self hours.

Welcome back life! I sure missed you!

Today I went outside and was surprised to find the real world.

The sky was exactly the color of my monitor screen,
the sound of the birds was in remarkable stereo,
and the dogs, cats, and people were cleverly animated.

There were no pop-ups unless you count the butterflies,
and they carried no advertising.

The entire display was completely wireless, which was fortunate,
because I could find no wall plugs on the horizon.

There was an odd sort of email.
It was made of paper, and delivered by a grown man in shorts.

I was amazed to find that I could chat with friends without typing!

I sat on the front steps of my home page, opened my brown bag,
and enjoyed a lunch of Spam and cookies.

After several hours it all became dark.
so I assumed that it had crashed, and tried to restart it.
I gave up after waiting almost all night.

Although the real world is quite slow, and probably an obsolete version,
I plan to go outside and attempt to reboot it again some time.

-Jack Blanchard
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:25 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie!

    Way to go! I am happy for you. I wish I could get one of those days. I was telling my kids that this morning. I am actually home with them today as today is a school holiday here in SA. Joy! But I still have to work. Darn!

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Me said…

    We have missed you too!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I have a lot of those days and I'm happy for you. It sounds like you will enjoy the new house.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We all need a little downtime occasionally. Nice Husband! Have a good time.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Nice!!

    I love it outside!!

    Mike
    Schenectady, N.Y.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    Save me jeebuuus

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger bettygram said…

    I am sorry it has been awhile since I have read your blog. It did sound like a wounderful day hope you have rebooted some more. I like the art work that was left but I agree it needs another place to be.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises