Monday, March 31, 2008
Margie Unplugged: "Goodness Griefius."
Well, it's been over a week since I've blogged and things are all sorts of tangled, twisted and out of shape. First off, I've realized that I've been neglecting far more than this blog in the last few months. It really hit when we told our daughter about her adopted PopPop passing away. (Mr. IOH)

Squirt took it very well and understands much more than a five year old should. We've been preparing her for this time over the last few weeks. PopPop had skin cancer and many bandages on his face and shoulder. She knew these Boo-Boos hurt him and weren't going to get better. She stated she was sad and was going to miss him, but that she was also happy that PopPop was in Heaven with Jesus. He also has a brand new body and face. She also tossed in the notion that he has "WINGS" now and can fly with the Angels.

But then a few days later, she asked, "Can we make Grandmom go to heaven now too?"

It's no wonder. For the past few months I've been working all day and half the night. Granted, she does come over after school and stay awhile with me at the IOH's - but she has to be quiet and let's face it, this week Grandmom has been needing so much attention and thus far, inconsolable after loosing her husband of 62 years.

As things would have it, I have to step away this week for a few days. My own Grandfather in NJ passed away yesterday afternoon and the funeral is this Wednesday. It's so strange for him and Mr. IOH had so much in common and now they both die within a week of one another. My Grandmother is still living and they've been married for over 64 years.

So we're heading up the Old I-95 tomorrow evening to be with family. To be with each other. And most of all, I'm going to try and relax. Stop the stressin'. Go ahead and have some fun. Sing along with the radio for the long 12 hour drive and hug everyone just a little bit harder.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 12:22 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    I got really sad knowing this.
    my condolences.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie, here is praying that you and the family are OK. My condolences on your loss. I think you are handling it well with the little one....

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Poor liitle girl losin pop Pop and her own great grandfather in the same time period. Sing happy songs on the way to visit with your family. Do what you can to li9ft everybodies spirits.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger bettygram said…

    I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and try to relax.

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Hope all is well. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It ain't easy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises