Saturday, June 14, 2008
Our Beloved Bocephus
During all this non-blogging time, there has been a few bits of bad news. For starters we have lost our beloved Bocephus. Bo-Bo, for those who knew him well. (My apologies for the old picture, we're still in cpu connection mode, our network is screwy, our photos are scattered and my USB camera reader cord I just connected was the wrong one!!)

We rescued Bo from downtown Savannah over six years ago. He was beaten, dirty, shattered, blind in one eye, missing half an ear and had a lumpy head. After acquiring him we took him to our vet when we were told the next day that he tested positive for heart-worm. We opted not to put him through a risky surgery, but decided on lots of love and to continue to keep him on heart-worm meds in hopes to keep things at bay.

Bo, was my retard. Sorry, if I offend anyone by not being politically correct for I am rarely ever correct at anything. Politics or otherwise. Bo was indeed my retard and surely not mentally challenged - but rather, mentally content. It was all he could do to learn how not to crap inside the house and that is all he needed to know. He wasn't into ball chasing, but sure loved getting his back rubbed with our feet from time to time. He also spun around in counter clockwise circles. I guessed it was because of the half-ear thing and his equilibrium being out of whack.

He also knew that sometime and in somehow - kibbles fell from where ever I may be sitting or standing and thus was always under my feet or chair at all times. Funny how I really miss that, it's been strange going to the bathroom without my good ole' buddy Bo.

He passed on our third day here at the new place and I cried all day and night long. I wasn't ready to start gardening here just yet but did - and now have a special garden up front where Bo is buried.

It sure feels sad and lonely here without him. We won't replace him just yet - and I doubt if ever there could be a replacement to compare to what a sweetie Bo was.

Squirt has taken it well and decided to assign PopPop McCoy (Mr. IOH who passed last March) the duty of watching over BoBo for us while they are up there in heaven. I'm sure BoBo won't mind nor Mr. McCoy - and it's quite a wise and well thought out idea from Squirt in my opinion.

Well, off to bed for the night. I'll try to make it my mission to find the correct USB cord for my camera tomorrow. Now, if only I can get Gon to stop fiddling with that ancient riding lawn mower to help with the other things around here. Ugh!
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:35 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    Margie,
    Sorry about your loss of Bo, so soon after moving to your new place. I guess tough that it is good that he is now part of this new place.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Good to see your posting again. Sorry you lost your dog. I know how hard it can be.

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    hey sweetie,

    my heart goes out to you. i know how much i love my new and first dog and i would end up with a broken heart if he died. he is now a part of the family, we are not 5 kids, 1 mom and a dog, we are 7 here.

    i don't know what to say, send you many hugs darling and wish you peace in your heart so that you may not hurt so much anymore.

    congratulations for the huge under taking of a move is now complete. it is great to know you are settled in and all organized. i too love a very organized house and finally live in one since the renovations and it is great.

    hope Gon finishes that lawn and you see him inside again...it is something about the riding ones though, it is a big toy/gadget all in one.

    much love to you and yours. glad to be here again and to have you back.

    xo

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Deech said…

    My Sincerest condolences to you and yours. Losing a pet that way is like losing a big part of your family. I am speaking from experience...natural or not, the loss is felt familywide.

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    So sorry about Bo, but glad that Squirt has the right take on it. Bo and PopPop can take care of each other. Hugs.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises