Saturday, January 19, 2008
St. Augustine, Florida - Day One
"Founded 42 years before the English colonized Jamestown and 55 years before the pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock - St. Augustine, Florida is a time capsule capturing nearly 500 years of fascinating history."

...and here we are. (God help St. Augustine.) It was a rainy day, but nothing stopped us from jumping south on the ole I-95 for a MUCH needed mini vacation.

Of course as soon as we arrived at our hotel, Gon plugged in Mr. Lappy to check his email while Squirt played hide and seek inside of the wardrobe. It's a fairly spiffy hotel and our room overlooks the pool and water. Again, it's one of those "smoke free" establishments which seems to be the norm when it comes to hotel rooms lately. Screw it, for $209/per night and a can of Air Freshener - my Marlboro's are coming along for the ride.

Ah but of course, such actions could very well turn you into a jailbird of sorts.


That was our first rainy excursion. To the Old Jail House to check out the haunted stuff, the gallows and all the fun stuff that those Spaniards imposed on crooks and criminals. It's kind of fun to lock up your loved ones if you asked me.

The rain was a bit on and offish but we managed to sneak over to the Planetarium and take a swig from the infamous Fountain of Youth.

The water doesn't work, for I don't feel any younger. Not yet. Maybe it's a take an aspirin and wake up in the morning kind of thing?

Sounds like a plan to me. Got one of those big fat buffet breakfast bashes first thing in the morning. Some Hotel Church service for Jesus Freaks like us and well - then the rest of the day we're heading back down to where all the tourists roam to play for awhile.

It's supposed to be sunny so I'm sure we'll find loads of things to do. These Helicopter rides sound like a lot of fun. See y'all tomorrow.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:43 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger LoryKC said…

    Makes me homesick but sounds like fun!!
    (I grew up just about an hour away from where you are! I went a few times with the family growing up but as a teenager, St. Augustine was a favorite place for my friends and I to go many weekends/summer days!)

    This past summer, I took the kids home for a visit and we went back to St. Augustine with my parents. We had a lot of fun and yet, with all of my many visits, I still have never visited the Fountain of Youth!
    (Let me know how you're feeling in the morning!) :)

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Hope the sun shines on you guys for the rest of your time down there. I haven't been to FL for some time.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger drëâmè® said…

    hey youu
    i dono if you remember me, but i left the blogging world a while ago.

    I just came by to pay allthe lovely blog friends a visit =)

    I feel like a stranger coming back to visit an old school or something!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Sounds and looks like a great vacation. Half of my relatives live in the sunshine state and Betty's sister winter's there. I could use some of that sun right now but as I look at my bank balance that ain't gonna happen.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Squirt is becoming all the more gorgeous as the days and months of her life pass.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like u have fun..!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises