Saturday, January 19, 2008
Margie Unplugged; "I'm Alive!"
Oh my, I was having so much fun that time must have slipped on by. I can't believe that I haven't blogged for over an entire week. Missing a day, or two here and there is normal, but an entire week? Oh my!


Who am I kidding? Folks, the truth is my Christmas tree is still up!! Our yard is still decorated and a big plastic Santa Claus from Wally World is still standing at the front of the trailer. Stockings are up and there is a Christmas Wreath still hanging on my front door. Yes folks, this is very, very disturbing.

Even Eeyore is still decorated for New Years and has yet to return to his normal state. However, since another commemorative holiday is upon us, Eeyore must get a little festive for the occasion. See, Eeyore my man isn't black nor is he white. He is gray and content with his character. In the end - that's all that really matters isn't it?

Anyhoo, back to the heart of the disappearing act I had just pulled. Seems I'm a bit on the burned out side. My brain is fried crispy and after coming home from long days at work, I can't seem to think. The old noodle is empty on most days. Emotionally drained for the most part.

I've tried writing at work. Bought a laptop and had internet service put in just for a little something to do. However, I can't get but five or ten minutes at a time before I need to get up and tend to a matter. Caring for the elderly is much more than just cooking, cleaning and keeping them comfortable. Unlike a nursing home, it's not like I can slap 'em in a wheelchair, roll 'em out on the front porch so they can watch the cars ride by.

I can get myself dressed, teeth brushed, makeup on and hair done in 2.3 minutes. Old peeps need a lot more time and assistance with simple matters like this. As well as to be reminded what they are doing. Yup, in the middle of a tooth brushing session we often stop and I'm asked, "So what is it that we are doing now?"

Happens often, even in the middle of eating, going to the bathroom or even taking a nap. Alzheimer's is a cruel disease. However, there are many times when the clouds whisk away - even for only a minute or two. The real person, the real content of their character shines through and well... you really want to be there to see and hear that when it happens.

Over all it's been a rough week or more. Mrs. IOH passed out and had seizures on me and that was rough. I never thought I would be faced with the decision of hugging her on the kitchen floor safe vs. getting up and grabbing the phone to call 911 while she could wildly thrash and hurt herself. I opted to hold her safe until the seizures stopped. Meanwhile Mr. IOH was at the kitchen table scared and concerned. So he had to be comforted and kept sound while the EMT's came and took Mrs. IOH away to the hospital for a few days.

I need two of me. Is that even possible?

Mr. IOH has skin cancer and it has returned for the fourth time. He has to go to radiation treatments twice a day. Thankfully my dear, sweet and wonderful husband has offered to help take him there and that is a big relief. Unfortunately, Mr. IOH has three more cancer spots that have appeared in different places that they are not treating yet.

My heart is breaking every day. No wonder.

But let's see ... I have a three day weekend. And in one hour we're off to St. Augustine, FL for this nice little three day weekend of R&R. Bringing the camera. Bringing Mr. Lappy. Get ready for some fun posts and a great time. Turns out it's gonna rain ... but that's okay - it should make things very interesting.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:29 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    you hang tough, babe.

    my Pop, he passed at X-Mas-Time, 8 years ago.

    today, I got a voice mail, an old, old friend telling me his own Dad passed during last night's Packers-Giants game.

    when all's said and done, we all gotta cross over...
    ... 'til then, well...



    ... we just live.

    hope ya feel okay.


    yup.

    B-)

    ----------

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises