Monday, December 03, 2007
On the 23rd Day 'til Christmas, Blogging on Mondays Means To Me...
Memes! Yup, you heard right - I's got'sa meme this evening and am borrowing this festive Christmas Meme from Judy to get me through tonight.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper but keep bags on hand for emergency re-gifting.
2. Real or artificial tree? Fake, but you really can't tell the difference.
3. When do you put up the tree? The first weekend of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Ohhhh yeah. Puts on the pounds though but gotsa have it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? None. I grew up poor and my father was Bergermeister Meisterberger.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Three. One I don't dare use lest it gets broken. Another is a Fisher Price Little People set that Squirt can play with and the other - a possible last minute re-gift if needed.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He is eclectic with electronics and I'd never ever be able to surprise him with what he likes, wants, needs. So he gets pants instead.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Squirt - a tube of wrapping paper will do just fine.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A fat ass electric jar opener thingy that would take up a big hunk of my counter space.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I don't, I'm poor.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, not yet.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Southern Comfort Fruit Cake.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both. Clear to twinkle and colors constant.
17. Favorite Christmas song? All of the songs on Gary Hoey's Album "HoHoHoey"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Oh yeah, and that funny one with the big red shiny nose. Adolf?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Santa Claus' is sitting on top of there now. I feel funny going up an Angel's skirt all of the time and stuffing her butt with prickly pine needles.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas Afternoon, I'm sleeping in.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? It's warm and I'm still wearing shorts and a tshirt.
23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Off White and Burgundy originally but through the years everything is tossed on there. One of the neighborhood girls just said Saturday, while helping us put up the tree, "Your tree has too many balls and won't fit anymore."
24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Milk and Cookies that Gon and I now eat when Squirt goes to bed. However, as what I leave out for Santa... I'm not telling. =O)

*****************************

On the home front, all is well - nice house and opportunity yesterday but still considering many options first. House hunting can be so much fun. NOT.

Then there is work, my elderlies now need 24hr Home Care and both have Alzheimers. Not necessarily good news other than my hours have tripled temporarily.

'Til tomorrow....

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:32 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is a very interesting list. It made me think of what we do. Of course now we are doing nothing due to lack of room. I remember last year trying to find a place to live. You are right because it was not fun. Good luck and take care.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Santa Claus' is sitting on top of there now. I feel funny going up an Angel's skirt all of the time and stuffing her butt with prickly pine needles.


    what- ya suppose old Santa, there, enjoys gettin' the shaft from a Pine Cone?

    OY!

    B-)

    ------

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Just got the Priceless Prize we sent you back as having the wrong address. Could you please send me your correct address.
    Send to

    jlinna@new.rr.com

    Thanks

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises