Friday, November 16, 2007
Five on Friday: Act Your Age
1. If you're only as old as you feel, how old are you?


29 years old. Seriously, it's trippy but not having children until 35 kind of set me back a whole decade. Many of my old HS friends have become Grandparents already or have teenagers driving them nuts. Gon in his final year of college also has a lot to do with how old we seem to feel.

2. What habits, traits, or behaviors do you engage in that might be considered too young for you? Which might be considered a trait of someone older than you?

Going to concerts and jamming out at home. I remember when I was a teen and my parents were in their 30's - they abhorred and refused to like my kind of music - yet here we are enjoying the old as well as the new alternative metal tuneages.

As for old stuff, I guess I always have done old stuff. Crocheting, sewing, gardening and crafts. I've ditched much of my old '80's style when it comes to haircut, clothes, etc. but I still wear matching color bobby socks with Nike's. I don't think I'll ever give these up.

3. Do you ever wish you were a different age than you are now? Why?


Nah, honestly - I'm having the best time of my life. Mind you, not an easy time by any measure - but the best time. There are challenges around every corner or waking day, joys, people to meet, places to see, moments to embrace. I hope I never come to the age when I sit in a chair bored and thinking I've done it all.

4. Do you deliberately behave or dress a certain way to appear or feel younger than you are? How about older?

Arrrgh, my hair. I'm naturally blond but the whites are coming in quickly making me look like Johnny Winter. My hair does not hold color long and that doesn't help. So I suppose I'm challenged to appear younger by constantly messing with my mop.

As for older, well - six months ago an eye appointment brought about the fact that I need progressive lenses. So now you'll catch me wearing eyeglasses more often than not.

5. What is your *real* age?

My husband and I are both technically 40. However, with us both being born on September 11th we have decided that by default - our birthday was voided back in the year 2001. So now we're 39 and holding.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:06 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    this was fun hon. as usual you are candid and very open.
    if you ask anyone around here for the last few years i have always said i might be such in age but my soul, mind and spirit felt like i was 93. i really meant it. now, since those chains that held me captive for 4.5 yrs are gone, i feel the joy of being alive, feeling peace and loving my life.
    my relationship with him was so negative and i never saw it. i was completely blind. my sister told me back in the first days of august that she almost could see 'chains' on me. i always responded there were not there. but Nov 1 i went to sleep and woke up with a renewed spirit and i was quite aware that yes indeed there had been chains that were now gone.

    Margaret I Feel Alive. I Feel Joy. I Feel Peace. I am so Happy inside through all the garbage and the beauty that surrounds life now.

    I used to feel worst than any corpse out there and now i feel great at 38 and apparently it shows.

    So many comments..my 28 hunk of a neighbour flirting with me and then i told him i was 38..he tought i was like 31, lol..and a comedian at my fav spot in town said me and a friend were both in our late 20's..lol..and this is the norm now..i'm in my early 30's people say..

    it's in my eyes for it's in my spirit..no more grandma walker for me...

    and about the meds, just the creams are not covered..methotraxe is. the other creams names are: aldara DIN:02239505 and Protopic 0.1% ointment DIN:02244148...i will look into it from here so God Bless you for the heads up. but i was told not to get overly excited it for that might just be a US thing and i am a Canadian. i called the pharmacist yesterday and she didn't think Canada had anything like that..but i'm looking into everything.

    so thank you hon..God Bless you and your beautiful family. you are super nice.

    and did you choose your gift at dr. John's?

    much love and xoxoxooxo

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    it's me again.

    got the name and went to their website, got their number and called it and a message indicated that 'the program was not available in my area' and the line went dead...

    so i can't even get through..but i can't thank you enough for being so kind to give us a lead.

    i'm so happy so many americans have help with such outrageously expensive meds. i'm glad your family is one of them.

    truly i am.

    thank you again angel. you are a darling. and i am so happy i met you. xooxox

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Wow, you were both born on September 11th. What a horrible day that must've been, two fold.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    Haha pimp my walker.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Thirty nine is a good age to hold at> I have decided to hold at sixty five.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises