Thursday, November 22, 2007
It's My Lucky Week
It must be my lucky week. Unusual for me as I'm often finding myself in lots of pickles. Being blond tends to affect the luck that is coming in from all directions. The bad as well as the good luck.

Such as earlier this week. What was I thinking? It takes DAYS to thaw out a turkey but my blondness felt it was a good idea to wait until Wednesday before Thanksgiving to buy one from the store. When I came to this realization Wednesday morning I could have kicked myself, but didn't.

After all, I'm creative enough in the kitchen to make a tasty spicy Meatless Meatball that can fool a whole crowd of hungry Super Bowl guys. Surely I can pull a simple Turkey look a like loaf upon my family's Thanksgiving table.

My luck soon changed as I went to work that morning to help Mrs. Waters get her home ready for Thanksgiving. Turns out, Rachael Ray from the Food Network told her how wonderful it would be to cook two turkeys for a big gathering vs. just one. Extra wings, extra legs and breasts for everyone!

Except, she realized her oven wouldn't fit two turkeys and was pondering on what to do with an extra completely thawed Butterball. That's when I arrived.

SCORE ONE!!

After cleaning Mrs. Water's home I went over to make dinner and care for Mr. & Ms. IOH like I usually do every afternoon. Not meaning to complain, but my afternoons have been very long and matters frustrating. Maybe they may have sensed this? Who's to know but I was thrilled to find out that I can take the entire next four days off to spend with my own family.

SCORE TWO!

Driving home that evening I found the grocery store not crowded, and as planned sans the unthawed turkey, I was able to snag up all the fixin's, cranberry sauce and trimmings to pull off my Turkey day meal.

As I climbed into my car the radio station was having one of those, "9th Caller with the right answer WINS" question.

The question: "In Don Henley's song Dirty laundry, he sings about a 5 o'clock news anchor. What does he call her?"

A BUBBLE HEADED BLEACHED BLOND!


What the heck, why not? I called in and the DJ picked up and said, "Congratulations you're the 9th caller" and I got the answer right. Winning two foot long Subway Subs.

SCORE THREE!

Yesterday, I ended up being six months too early or six months too late, depending on how you look at it - on throwing Dr. John a surprise Blogger birthday party. It was a big hit and not only that - he was successfully surprised!

SCORE FOUR!

Yep, he never saw it coming! I sincerely doubt that he'd enjoy it nearly as much if I actually did get the day right. Remind me in six months to make sure to tell him Happy Thanksgiving.

Do I have issues over being a Bubble Headed Bleach Blond?

No way, my entire life or luck would never be the same.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:39 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    oh, my- you DID score!

    FYI, you can thaw a bird in cold water overnight (I did a 25 pounder in about 26 hours this year in the bathtub).

    sorry this is so late, but, Happy Thanksgiving!

    I liked the Dr. John Birthday Video, too!

    yup.

    B-)

    --------------

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Wanna buy a lottery ticket for me Margie? ;-) Hope your Thanksgiving was great.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    LOL You totally rocked this week, didn't you? Ah, gotta love that Universe. :)

    Hope you enjoyed your turkey day AND your days off. (I'm at work but alone, with tunes blaring and no idiot bosses/co-workers to annoy me. Plus! I get to leave at 1pm. YEY!

    Hugs and stuff!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    Glad you are having such a great week. Perhaps Carlos is on to something. You might wanna buy a lottery ticket this week.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I did really enjoy the party Margaret. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!. I am glad your turkey problem got solved. I have always believed that God always finds ways to lift us when we've been down. You deserve the lift.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I with you on being a blonde, so don't feel bad. I am no longer blonde but I still think like one. And don't feel bad about not think about thawing the turkey either. That is a common and understandable goof. Unlike the one I heard on the radio where someone called the Butterball helpline and asked how to get the metal bits out of the turkey....they cleaned it with a brillo pad! LOL! Anyway, it was fun posting about Dr John if it was his bday or not. Now Thanksgiving and May 21st in Blogland is extra fun,,,and funny.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger bettygram said…

    Celebrating Dr John's birthday when it wasn't was fun. I liked the video.
    I have done the frozen turkey no time to thaw bit. It did work out for you.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    You go, girl! Glad you had such a fun and POINT filled day!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises