Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Margie Unplugged: Turkey in a Box
Oh crap, where does the time go? Thanksgiving is a day away and I haven't even landed my bird yet other than a cheap Jenni-O Turkey in a frozen aluminum box. Leaving these little Turks below quite safe, but I can't say the same for my next door neighbor's pet rooster.

He's a retarded rooster if there ever was one. Cock-a-doodle-doing for no reason other than he must want someone to rotisserie him at 3am in the morning. I cannot complain, for my Basset Hounds have woke up the whole trailer park numerous times in the middle of the night. Then again, they're only concerned over my punk kid neighbor and his gang of thuggie friends who hang out over there.

Speaking of whom, yesterday was his preliminary hearing for him burglarizing my house. Not much of a hearing at all considering I had to sit through a couple full cases before his turn came up. Only to hear that "Jay's" case was being forwarded to State Court and the judge finally allowed him to post bail for $5,000.

From what I understand his Grandpa posted bond and whisked him away to Rehab. Good. The kid looked really ragged and scared as he stood there in the court room with cuffs and shackles. No wonder, from the look of the other inmates that came rolling in for trial before him. They were a scary bunch and not the kind you would want to be in jail with.

Well, except one. He was caught soliciting for sex downtown one evening dressed like a woman. The cop who arrested him found a crack rock in his make-up bag inside of his purse. The courtroom and trials were boring until this one came up. Little did I know the prisoner had an entire fan club seated behind me.

Now granted, the funny and entertaining part in all of this was not because the man was a tranny. It was because of all the expressive faces of the old town and down home southern baptist types sitting in the room. The gasps and shocking whispers of awe.

Other than that, I've been busy. My old peeps that I care for aren't doing well this week. The Mrs. is really out of sorts, I almost want to say she had a stroke but nobody will say or do anything about it. Even her Doctor. Guess they think she's over 90 and there isn't anything they can really do. It's still hard.

Then I've been working on a little something special for a super fantastic Bloggy Bud of mine. I'll share it here on Thursday.

Otherwise.... it's all been good. Until tomorrow.............

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:29 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Roosters never really bothered me growing up. Barking dogs will drive me to insanity though – especially if they’re just barking at critters. Glad the little thief was scared shitless. I hope it doesn’t wear off.

    Have a grand Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger krystyna said…

    I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Some birds dont know when to shut up, kind of like my ex-husband! Interesting neighborhood you live in.Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    it sounds like court time can keep anyone awake if you stay there long enough.
    i'm glad that they kid is in rehab. i hope he can have true contrition and makes amends to you and that he turns his life to good and God.

    sorry about the way people are treating or not the lady you look after. it is truly sad how age makes or breaks how one is treated. she is 90 but she is alive and is human and she needs love and respect and caring and her family should be there knowing all this..Do unto others as you would like to have done unto you.

    Happy Thanksgiving dear girl. enjoy. much love..xoxooxox

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Your life is certainly not dull. I watch court on television and you get to sit and watch it happen in real life.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Then I've been working on a little something special for a super fantastic Bloggy Bud of mine. I'll share it here on Thursday.

    Aw, I'm touched :)

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Hehe, sorry Woozie - but give me some time and I'll surprise you too. =O)

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Good - maybe it scared him straight!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises