Sunday, December 09, 2007
The 12 Questions of Christmas Meme
Judy enlightened me to this fun little Christmas meme. To play along, just click the picture above and let us know you are playing.

1. Christmas is JOY. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go! The best Christmas's were when I celebrated them within a FUNCTIONAL family gathering.

3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] No, not really. I never ever got what I really wanted. Even today an Amazon wish list goes ignored. I long for the day when I open a gift, jump out of my chair with excitement and give the giver a giant huge bear hug of joy.

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? Christmas morning.

5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] Lots and lots of Christmas Cookies, dozens of 7 different kinds. Also my secret recipe for Southern Comfort Fruitcake which is in high demand this year. I always thought when you gift a fruitcake peeps would groan, moan and use it later as a door stopper. Not this one. Lastly, for Christmas Dinner I make a Beef Wellington.

6. What is your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns? Jingle Bell Rock by Brenda Lee, Blue Christmas by Elvis, Frosty the Snowman by Shaman, ALL of the Gary Hoey songs, and of course, the classic; Bing Crosby's White Christmas.

7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? The Missing Baby Jesus. It's a new tradition here on Christmas Morning with my new family. About a week before, baby Jesus goes missing from the Nativity Scene. Only one person knows where He went. For that sneaky person kidnaps baby Jesus and wraps Him up in the most unexpected way. On Christmas morning, someone is bound to unwrap their gift and receive Jesus. Then we all sit back and recall the true meaning of Christmas.

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country] How about a trip across my living room floor head first? Never fails, either village houses from under the tree get moved out for play. A stray reindeer's antlers stab the bottom of my unslippered feet or a slide across the newly waxed hardwood floor on a strip of wrapping paper. Yes, I always manage to trip and fall at sometime during the Christmas season.

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? Lately for the past few years here in Georgia, it's been a Christmas Tshirt and shorts. Until we move North again I'm afraid I'll never get to wear any of my Christmas Sweaters or sweatshirts again.

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? I've sat on Santa on a number of places.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? Everything but the kitchen sink, heck even a kitten is snoozing away within one of the branches. It's freaky - anyone who gets close to get a look at our tree soon finds out that it's looking right back at them.

12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas?Yes, we have the typical Trailer Park Ho display, lots of candy canes and odds and ends throughout the gardens. Two, which have turned out missing this year and our daughter noticed yesterday. With this and our recent home burglary she was inclined to put her hands on her hips and declare, "I'm tired of people thinking we are a store. We're NOT a store." We rolled off our chairs laughing at that one.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:12 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    "As Good as it Gets" and 40Ds? Superb. :-)

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Nice Meme. I especially would like more details on question 10. But then again, I would bet that the answer would change the whole dynamics of this blog.

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Carlos, it's an odd movie but one I like watching over and over again.

    Flyinfox, Now, now... no details on #10. Santa and I have a pact 'ya know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises