Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Ninja Turkey
I'm convinced, this camera stinks. However, for $100 it works and I've come to the realization that the others will be just about the same - maybe even worse. So until we get our old camera back, or a new one - this will just have to do to get us through the holidays.

With all that has been going down lately, we forgot to do our homework. Yes, Squirt's Pre-K teacher sent all the kids home with a homework project to be completed by tomorrow by the parents. Trust me, Gon and I were never big on homework. Not back then, not now nor ever. We're lazy procrastinators who absolutely abhor time clocks, alarm clocks and due dates.

THE TURKEY PROJECT. Each family is sent home with a blank naked turkey on a white sheet of paper. We are to creatively decorate the turkey in hopes that it will slip by unnoticed through Thanksgiving unscathed and uncooked. Prizes will be awarded to the best dressed Turkey's on Thursdays Thanksgiving Luncheon.

I was reminded of this project due tomorrow as well as inspired by this lovely scene on my way to work this morning:

Then of course, quickly forgot about it through my hectic and long working day.

Until a half hour ago when I exclaimed, "Oh crap! We have to decorate and doodle up that dern Turkey for Squirt's family project!"

Gon, totally absorbed and weighed down by his college course homework didn't want to do it. So it was up to me. Armed with a black Sharpie marker and a piece of black cloth - I painstakingly slapped out ... NINJA TURKEY in ten minutes flat.

Not too bad if I say so myself. He should slip by unscathed, if not as a Ninja maybe because he resembles a scavenging buzzard? An added significance could be the fact that I've burnt our Thanksgiving turkey for the past three years.

Or he'll be sent back home after Thanksgiving marked with a big fat red "F" for failure to make effort. If that's the case I'm totally cutting the next parent teacher conference.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:37 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jayne d'Arcy said…

    I think that ninja turkey is fantastic. You know, if he loses, he'll just have those teachers for his own turkey dinner.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    If I was the teacher I would accept it. It looks like a regal kind of bird, too tough to eat.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    Kurly and I had a similar project for our oldest boy Jet! He was supposed to do a project on a famous figure he admired. He did his on Lance Armstrong. Kurly and I kicked ass on that project. We got it done in about 30 minutes. We both said we deserved nothing less than 100%. Jet got a 90%. Why? Because he (jet) forgot to mention that he was supposed to do it on himself as if he was a famous person like Lance Armstrong. I gave the teacher a 0 for not including those instructions on the project sheet!

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    Ninja Turkey gets a 9/10.

    But CommuTurkey (or Communisturkey) would have gotten a full 10.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises