Monday, November 05, 2007
Digital Age Rendering
If I would have any advice for anyone about to get married, it would be to visit the My Heritage site and get an idea on what you may look like when you get older. Here is a photo rendition of myself at age 50 and truth be told, I think I'll look a lot better 10 years from now.

I remembered this site earlier today after my Ex-husband invited me to see his MySpace page. It's been years since I've seen him and nothing could prepare me for the shock that I was about to experience after viewing some of his photos. Especially these taken at his job at the Walmart Tire and Lube Express.

Keep in mind I married him when I was just 18, he was five years older at 23 and back then - was a fairly good looking fellow. Buff with muscles, a firefighter with a full head of hair and a gorgeous smile full of his real teeth. His blue eyes made me melt each and every time, but looking at him now - I'm having nightmares.

Now, not that looks are all that matters. Certainly if you love someone and you're treated good by this person - it shouldn't matter what either of you may look like 10, 20 or 50 years from now. However after today and looking back, I'm really glad we got divorced. Honestly, there is no way on God's green earth that I could make love to that.

Then again, someone else is now and I'm glad he's happy. In the end that's all that matters.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:26 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i think you are a beautiful woman. inside and out. you have a zest for life, you are funny and your love for your family is so evident that it overflows every post.

    you are funny, and clever and smart and your love of God is evident.

    i'm glad you are happy now with your husband now.

    i almost wrote you a thousand times for advice and for a chat but i'm hanging in there. you have shared some things of your love life that have helped these wks without you even knowing. thank you.

    i thought of telling you how much i admire you and like you. i should say these things more often..

    hugs to you and your beautiful family. xooxoxoxo

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Hi Margie
    Thank you:)I never want to grow old with grey hairs (Oh God please take me before reaching old age)
    I think Mental age is more important than physical age.If you think you are young you are :):)
    There is an exercise followed by Tibetan Buddhists to reverse their age .I will soon learn and i will become 10 -12 years old :):):).
    Good day

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    How nice of you to end the post the way you did. You're a kind person Margie.

    I'm glad your happy, and out of Joisy.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    OH. MY. GOD.

    B-O

    ------

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    He's a good hearted, fun guy - honestly. Just wasn't serious enough in matters that I felt husbands need to be serious about.

    As a firefighter, he's true blue. Compassionate and would give his very life to save another. Give the shirt off his back, his pants and underdrawers too. In fact, if you were starving and he only had one can of soup in the cupboard - he'd give it to you.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Deech said…

    Margie,

    I call this the Eddie Van Halen syndrome or the David Lee Roth Syndrome. Both of those guys were the shizits back in the day. All women were in love with them. I have seen pics of Eddie recently and all I can say is OMFG! What happened?

    I feel your heart is in the right place and that is what matters.

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    What the hell happened? Was he hit by a bus?

    I kid Eddie though, I kid.

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Opulently I assent to but I about the collection should prepare more info then it has.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises