Tuesday, November 06, 2007
We've been burglarized.
Our home was burglarized this afternoon in broad daylight by a couple of neighborhood kids. Unfortunately I can't say much more about it at this time until the investigation is complete.

We all know who did it and now it's a matter of the cops catching the three boys involved. All who are on the run at this moment and hiding, afraid to come home.

I don't know what to say, nor what to think at this moment. Part of me is very mad, part of me is fearful as our home space had been violated. Another part of me is very sad for we knew two of the boys involved and have known them most of their teen-aged lives.

It's tough.

Either way, if you pray - pray. Not so much for us, our home or our stuff, but oddly enough my request is for these boys. To do the right thing, not run from the cops or get themselves killed trying to escape accountability.

In hopes that whatever the outcome, this will be a turning point in their young lives. An opportunity to set things straight, set some goals, to loose the gang mentality and hopefully grow up to be good young men.

It's sad.

But I can't just give up on them. Too many already have. =O(

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 9:49 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 2:58 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Margie
    It is really sad to hear the news.I hope police will find out every thing and you will get all that are stolen



    Happy Diwali to you and family

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Jayne d'Arcy said…

    This is terrible. I hope this was a first time offense for these boys and that they get caught and can learn something. My prayers are with you and these kids.

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear.. *hugs*

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said…

    Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you and your family are coping well. It is such a wonderful testimony though that you are concerned more for those boys. Let us indeed pray that this may be a turning point in their lives for the better. Many talk of grace, few demonstrate it as you have.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    aw, now that's a shame, Margie.
    hopefully you'll get back whatever they took...

    ... before they get carted off to the big house.

    B-(

    ------

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hopefully those kids will get the help they need. My son got into a lot of trouble as a young teen. He did a little shoplifting, stole a bike, and vandalized the high school. He ultimately ended up on probation and in alternative school. I refused to make excuses for him. I gave him the ultimatum which he did not believe until I proved I meant business. I dont even think he was the ring leader but a follwer. Peer pressure. But he did finally learn his lesson. When his stepsister got into trouble he was the one who explained the facts of life to her.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Deech said…

    I'm just glad that no one is hurt. It is a shame. My prayers are with them...hopefully they will do the right thing now and turn themselves in.

    Flyinfox_SATX

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I'm so proud of your attitude. I know what its like to be robbed and I know how hard it must be to have concern for the ones that robbed you. It is a Christ Like attitude and I commend you for it.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Carlos said…

    Aw...that sucks. Getting robbed is an awful experience. It's mighty big of you to not want to give up on the boys. Doesn't mean they don't deserve a good ass whippin' with a metal fly swatter.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Lo Kelween said…

    oh dear...most importantly no lives were hurt...I feel sorry for you. it must be a terrible experience...do you take any photos?

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    and this is what makes you a truly beautiful person. i'm sorry your family has had to go through this and i'm sorry the dissapointment most be huge with the 2 boys you guys new. i'm sorry your space was invaded and you feel uncomfortable as i would think we all would.

    but i love that your heart is huge. i love that you believe in God even, specially in the rough times and i love that you don't give up on others and in life.

    much love from us here.xoxooxoxooxo

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    You are such a good person.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises