Saturday, November 10, 2007
Margie Unplugged and fueled by Mojitos
Phew! I'm glad this week is over - I couldn't stand it anymore. Monday, was just your typical Monday sucking only because it was back to work and the grind time. Tuesday afternoon our home was burglarized and I can reveal a little bit more about it.

I went shopping after picking up Squirt from school and came home, unlocked my door and found my entire house ransacked. Cabinets and drawers pulled out and emptied, bookshelves knocked over, broken glass, closets raided and stuff missing. The house was such a big mess it was two days for me to take note on all that was taken. No lie, can you believe the little shits ate the rest of Squirts birthday cake?

Anyhoo, the police came out and did a fabulous job taking notes, the report and questioning the neighbors. Gon and I had to wait a few hours until the investigator arrived to scope out the place for fingerprints. While sitting out on our front deck waiting, the little boy next door snuck up and said, "So what did my brother do?"

He then gave me on of Squirt's birthday presents, the charging base for the Walkie Talkies wrapped up in one of my pajama tops. We called the police back out again and they were able to gather enough evidence to issue a warrant for his brother's arrest. So now it's one down and three or more to go.

Thus why I can't really say much more until things unfold a little more. What I do know is very impressive and I am very pleased with our police department. They rock and are serious about this. In fact today, an officer came by to visit the neighborhood with flyers and things about burglary, gang activity, etc. Talking to peeps and promising to come around more often. Damn almost feels like Mayberry here now.

One of the items taken, I didn't realize until later that evening. My Olympus camera. Loaded with great pictures and videos that I didn't download to my computer yet. What sucks is even if they do find it, it will be held up in the evidence locker until trial. So of course, the first thing on my agenda was to get some sort of camera.

That was the tough part, how can a person go from an $800 camera to something worth $150? You can't. You just can't. I annoyed the salesperson at the camera shop for an entire hour yesterday trying to find something that will do. They had cheaper Olympus brands but honestly, they were worse than the other comparable priced cameras. In lots of ways from zoom, shutter speed, video, mega pixels - it was crazy. So I drove the sales guy up the wall.


I narrowed things down to two cameras - a Nikon and oddly enough this Polaroid that I eventually purchased. I'm going to take this weekend to play around with it a bit to see if it's tolerable. So bear with me if I share some photos and videos. And please tell me your thoughts, suggestions and stuff. So I'll know by Tuesday whether to take it back and get the Nikon instead.


They were about the same with details, user friendly, menu and little quirks. No, of course they weren't like my old Olympus and I did find a new Olympus I would like to snag someday. But I'll save up for it between now and then.


If anyone has a Polaroid a520, please give me your thoughts, hints and tips. Thanks.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:39 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    I'm glad the cops are taking care of you guys right.

    Is that picture of one of the kids that burgled you? Love the smirk on his face. You know...the kind that's just begging to be smacked off ;-)

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said…

    This is the comment I tried to leave on Louisiana's latest blog, but it was deleted and banned:

    This is good.

    I appreciate the attempt to air things out but, as with all conflicts in life, there are 2 sides to the story. That's all anyone needs to remember.

    I am not going to offer mine here, but I will offer this: My name is Jerry, my email address is cuppojoe@gmail.com, and anyone who would like to form an opinion, take a stand, or just hear the other 20% of the story that remains unsaid can feel free to ask.

    I have nothing to hide. I will admit to any and all transgressions openly (just not randomly on the Internet). Much has been said here, but much has been left out as well.

    Jerry

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Never having had an $800 camera I can't compare your pictures with that but compared to my $100 camera they are very good and mine doesn't even do videos.
    I see Jerry got to you as well.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Yeah, that's my thugster neighbor. He isn't even remorseful just a gang banger who thinks the whole world owes him something.

    I don't know he'll get at least a year, no more than twenty. Plus he was out on bond for a pot misdemeanor.

    Gives us a year to move I suppose.

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Your Beautiful daughter has acted excellently.
    Nice video

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    why, I got a good mind to plaster that little bastard's mug shot and name all over the internets.

    what a douchebag.

    ate your daughter's Birthday Cake? man, that's COLD.

    that's okay, he'll end up in jail. repeatedly.

    then we'll find out how many cigarettes he's worth... and HE'LL find out what a size 14 a** h**e feels like.


    hey, on a lighter note, though, maybe the Cops will give you the SD card from the Olympus, or at least let you upload the pics and vids to a flash drive, so you can take 'em home!

    as for the Polaroid?
    your world frightens and confuses me. I shopped for a new camera early this year, almost bought a Polaroid, but it had too many megapixels (yeah, TOO MANY)... wound up with another Sony, which is what I've been using for years.

    they seem more intuitive to me, but that may be because I'm used to them.

    sounds like you'll get at least some, and hopefully all of your things back... B-)

    good for you!

    B-D

    ------

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Your dogs aren't mean enough.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Evalinn said…

    So sorry this happened to u, hope it will all be sorted out!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises