Thursday, June 28, 2007
The New Paris
Paris Hilton told CNN's Larry King she would never again drink and drive and that her time in jail was a time-out in life. "I'm frankly sick of it," Hilton said, with loose, re-blonded locks and camera-ready makeup. "I've been going out for a long time now. Yeah, it's fun, but it's not going to be the mainstay of my life anymore."

I know a lot of people believe this is just a public relations ploy. They think that Paris isn't going to change and she'll be out clubbin' with the spoiled brat pack by next weekend. However, I don't think so.

There just comes a time in life when we all take a step back and decide to settle down a bit. Usually this happens around the age that Paris is now. The club scene changes, the music changes as the younger crowds pour in with new styles and ways. You start to feel old and out of place, and fake if you even try to fit in. Your friends go off and marry, have kids and hold dinner parties instead.

I didn't start settling down until I turned 30. My 30th birthday was a difficult one for me but I knew there were a lot of changes that needed to be made in my life. I turned everything upside down, and now - almost 10 years later so many things have changed for the better.

Yet, there still are many things that need to be changed. Life is like that I suppose, you live and you learn.

Who's to say really, which direction Paris will head off to next. Will she be featured in next month's Playboy or in Good Housekeeping magazine? Maybe she'll fall somewhere in between and do good for herself. I hope so.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 10:50 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    My brother's doing the whole settling-down thing now, at 30 too.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I'm with you in hoping she will turn out well.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said…

    Yes, we keep changing, and it always seems to get better.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger krystyna said…

    Hi Margaret!
    I agree with you - there just comes a time in life when we decide to make changes. The changes for better as you did. Congratulations!
    My changes were for good too.
    I think Paris too.
    Take care!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Carlos said…

    For many people that time in life does come. For others, it doesn't. Fortunately for me, mine came when I was 20.

    Count me as a Paris skeptic though. I just don't see it. More power to her if she does change, but...I ain't holding my breath ;-)

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    that poor girl has issues. i feel for her.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger MRL said…

    Miz Margie, I girl, I have not been in attendance lately as I have been sad about my brother's impending death from cancer. He has changed so much in the last 6 months, inside and outside, until I wonder if I truly ever knew him. It hurts to see him this way and to hear him speak of wanting to die to get relief from the pain. I do not want him to suffer.

    As to Paris Hilton, it is a wonder to me how this girl has lived as long as she has without being kidnapped, molested, or killed. She is her own worse enemy. I did not have a lick of sense until I was 30 but I never have been put in jail. If she loses her current gang of spoiled friends, and changes her bars to church socials, she might stay out of trouble. I will not hold my breath. However, I do wish her the best. It just goes to prove that money does not by class and common sense! Hugs & Love, GA Peach

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises