Monday, June 18, 2007
To the Father of My Little Girl
I don't remember very much about the day our daughter was born. The delivery and complications that followed resulted in a healthy baby girl but a very ill Mommy who needed to stay in the hospital for a few more weeks. I do remember giggling with the nurses when you came to visit bringing Squirt along. You put her outfit on backwards, not just once but twice. That was okay, for Squirt didn't seem to mind one bit that her Daddy was lacking in the Girlie Style Department.


I do remember an evening when I was still hospitalized but feeling much better. I went outside to enjoy some fresh air and to meet the both of you when you arrived. It was the day that you were going out to buy a new stroller and I couldn't wait to see the both of you. But you didn't park in your usual area and came around to the hospital entrance over on the side. You didn't see me, but I saw the both of you. A picture perfect memory of a proud Daddy, walking his infant daughter with his head held so high. I'll never forget it.

I would have given anything to be able to come home right away after Squirts birth, but looking back now - I'm glad that I didn't. The two of you formed a tight bond together during that time that is priceless and precious. Your patience, love and compassion for your daughter were unlike anything I've ever known.

Today she is four, but she knows more about computers than many 30 year olds do. She knows the joy of stomping in puddles and has the confidence of a strong little woman. I saw that tear that you quickly whisked away when she sang you the ABC's perfectly last week. Today I saw you cringe yet stifle a giggle at the same time - when she told that poor, sick, old man in the midst of a coughing attack that he had a hairball.

Your heart seemed broken when we took her to Vacation Bible School this morning and she quickly rushed to be with all of the kids, quickly forgetting all about us. I also know that you cannot wait until you get home tonight to hear her tell you all about her happy day.

Squirt is surely "Daddy's Little Girl" and she always will be. Not only did I find and choose the perfect man to marry - you turned out to be the perfect Daddy also. A man that Squirt will always love, admire and look up to. Who she can measure other men in her life against and never go wrong.

Happy Father's Day Sweetheart.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:27 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Doll!
    Beautiful !
    And very touching!
    Love
    Hanlie
    xxxOxxx

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Wow, I feel privileged to see this side of your family. Absolutely love the Jaques Family Bar + Grill sign.

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Evalinn said…

    What a nice post, thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you've been blessed with a wonderful husband and lovely, gifted little daughter!!

    Way to go girl :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises