Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Coffee, Tea or Bong Water?
My efforts to quit smoking are doing fairly well. I may had mentioned last week that Cold Turkey wasn't working out. See, my husband was supposed to quit smoking with me but with college finals and a very important business trip ahead - he found some excuses not to quit smoking just yet. Him puffing away near me is just terrible tempting. I want to kick him for it.

I'm still doing fantastic, considering I was a 2 pack a day smoker. I limit and set aside only 5 smokes per day. There were some days when I smoked all five and other days when I only smoked three. Next week I'm going to limit myself to four. After that, it will get a bit harder.

See there are certain times in the day that seem to require a smoke. After eating and after work are the most tempting. The hardest is that first morning smoke with coffee. To help out, I have been waiting until I have ate breakfast and poured a 2nd cup before I allow myself a smoke.

But they seem to come up with everything imaginable these days:

If coffee and smoke go hand in hand, this should be the perfect cure to kick my morning cravings. Of course the Cigarettea is not made out of tobacco but tea. 20 little teabags shaped like cigarettes. You just pull one out of a pack and drop it in a mug of hot water.

Hallalujah, this could work! Now I'm not saying I won't accidentally smoke the teabag considering how disoriented I usually am when waking in the morning. However a floating cigarette butt in my morning mug may just gross me out enough to stave off the morning cravings.

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 11:18 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Woozie said…

    That cigarettea thing can't be real.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Butchie said…

    BE STRONG!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Be strong and quit altogether.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    HIYA, Spank-girl!

    ummm...

    1)kick him. he deserves it. as the wife, you reserve what body-part to kick.

    2)EAT LESS FOOD. your metabolism expects a cigarette after a meal. remember, nicotine is SPEED.

    3)smoke goes with ANY AND EVERY BEVERAGE.
    teach yourself not to do BOTH. it's a habit, that's all. break it.

    4)GO AHEAD AND SMOKE THE TEA-BAG!!!!!

    this is no shit, the last time I quit, I was in Arizona, and this "milkweed" grows there... I was advised to shove the milkweed into a pipe and smoke it, whenever I had the urge for a cigarette.

    it worked.

    it produced a steamy hit, which seemed to satisfy the lungs, whilst introducing no nicotine into my body.

    that's my story, and I'm sticking to it, DAMMIT!!

    yup.

    "nktnbzzwhr"

    B-)

    ------------

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I have felt this exactpain your feeling about cigarettes. Thankful it will pass, with time.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Evalinn said…

    U´re doing great, just hang in there! I´m gonna have a challenge on my own from next week...

    I like your blog, I´m putting u up among my links!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    That is really disgusting. Almost as gross as candy cigarettes. Bleck!

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can completely relate to what you are going through and wish you the best of luck in your efforts...

    I quit smoking a bit more than 2 years ago (by going on the patch)and still get the occasional cravings (even though, they are now mostly psychological). Not to mention how hard it still is when friends smoke around me (especially if we've just had dinner :roll:)

    That Cigarettea is disgusting. It would definately put me off fags and tea for a long, long time :lol:

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises