Friday, February 09, 2007
Margie Unplugged - Organizing Hats
I've been trying to simplify my blog by narrowing down to daily topics verses a hodge-podge of brain farts. Nothing is set in stone just yet as I'm trying to find out what works and what doesn't.

Fridays are going to be casual. Just me, free-writing and hanging out - journaling a "Margie Unplugged." Just another day to open up and share who I am, where I'm at and where I wanna be.

For starters, I'm going to play tag! Lavender stopped by yesterday and tapped me on the comment shoulder with "Things you may not have known about me."

1.Four jobs I have had in my life: Having had more than four jobs, I'll sneak in those in between gigs that I had to get by on: Telemarketer for Replacement Windows - one of the worst jobs ever because almost everyone that you call hangs up on you. Certainteed Fiberglass Factory - rolling around and stacking the most itchiest product known to mankind. Waitressing overnight at Denny's and a Clerk at an Auction House.

2. Four Movies I have watched over and over: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Forrest Gump, Titanic and Saving Private Ryan.

3. Four places I have lived: Collings Lakes, NJ, Chester, PA, Newtonville, NJ and Savannah, GA.

4. Four TV shows I love to watch: Jon Stewart's Daily Show, The Colbert Report, LOST and The Mythbusters.

5. Four places I have been on vacation: Boston, MA, Orlando, FL, Lancaster County, PA and Savannah, GA. (Funny that I ended up moving here! I still feel like I'm on vacation.)

6. Four of my favorite foods: Coconut, Flan, pizza and fried bologna sammiches.

7. Four places I would rather be right now: In bed sleeping, Snowmobiling up North, on a trip through time 20 years in our future or at the Georgia Lottery Office picking up a four foot check.

I'm supposed to list four people that will respond - or tag four people, I'm not sure. Since I'm a really, shy and timid person outside of the Blogosphere - I'll leave this last one up to fate.

Back to simplifying things and organizing my time, this was in part a New Year's Resolution. Wearing so many hats can be overwhelming and I soon found myself forgetting important things or not setting aside time for others.

I'm now a month in and starting to see the results of having a bit more order in things. Keeping a private diary and calendar to schedule tasks, appointments and bubble baths has really helped. It may sound strange, but I've found that often it isn't enough just to say you'll do something - I have to write it down.

Overall, I'm thrilled that it is Friday and that I can hang up a few of my responsibility hats by the time the sun goes down this evening. First thing on my agenda is to order Pizza and break out the paper plates!

Labels:

Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 3:23 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Good luck on your blog orginaization. I started to do that onec but other than Monday I seem to have lost it. Thanks for the information. You can tell a lot about people by what they watch.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been trying to organize my blog and my personal life for a year now.
    I've set a time frame of one decade to complete my task and so far I'm right on target..

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jayne d'Arcy said…

    I've almost got my blog organized. My categories are the biggest mess, but I'm tackling them little-by-little. Btw, I tagged myself for this meme.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said…

    I am so unorganized...I just blog about whateva comes to mind, lol.

    hmmm.... lost shows up a lot on this meme. you have good taste in tv!

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    Titanic & forrest gump my favorites too.
    good day & a nice week end

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said…

    HI Margaret

    I visited Dr John today and seen he admitted to borrowing the meme from you. I of course borrowed from him. Thanks for tagging Dr John, you can go visit my answers if you want.

    I liked your answers as well. I forgot about Forrest Gump.

    A wonderful weekend is wished for you.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger doctor chip said…

    .
    got shtein?

    ... ORGANIZE??

    B-0

    --------

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said…

    I felt the organization bug too.

    I love these kind of memes. It helps me to get to know things about you that we have in common. I love LOTR and Mythbusters.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises