Monday, October 02, 2006
No Pain - No Gain
Sure, do 30 minutes a day Twisting along with Chubby Checker as exercise and you too can loose 2 1/2 pounds. However this evening as I do my weekly weight down report, I ain't puttin' out to Chubby Checker any longer. In fact, Swimming may be my next battle plan.

I'm not old. Don't feel old nor look old but I guess I am no longer 20 years old and that is a fact. What a cruel sick and twisted joke for fate to play upon me. Granted, I will admit I have been having pain in my lower right side for a few months now. When I first noticed I promptly saw the Doc to rule out the appendix on the brink of bursting. No such luck.

Doctors suck. You go there for one thing and they have to go testing everything but that one very thing you've went for. Of course they checked all around in there to make sure I wasn't pregnant or had an angry ovary or anything. The last time I visited Doc he stated, "I suspect it will eventually go away on its own."

Well Doc, I'll be seeing you next week and I've got news for you. It isn't going away but instead getting very angry and ugly. No yiping either if my BP is 160/110 but instead be sure if you hurt like the dickens you'd have elevated BP too! The real pain is that I know I need to see an orthopedic doctor but need a referral to do so.

Why is it that I seem to believe that I would receive better medical care in a third world country than here in the good ole' USA? Oh well, either way - pain or no pain there goes 2 1/2 lbs which makes me 2 1/2 lbs away from my 20lb weight loss goal. I'd jump for joy but... well... you know I gotta save the pain for as life goes on it keeps pushing me to do, do and do despite my need to rest in bed for an entire week.
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 8:54 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    In college I badly injured both hips and both thumbs. So by the time I was 21, I had alread done damage to my body which would never go away. I feel like things are going downhill.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Because you aren't an illegal alien or a welfare recipient, that's why. :)

    If it makes you feel any better, my hips are angry too. I have dental hell coming Wednesday.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Swimming is the best thing for fat loss. OKahn supports this decision. His sponsors also endorse it.

    Brought to you by Tampa Bay Tampons.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…

    Margaret..thanks for stopping by my site today for the first time. I always like new visitors and one from my own city is always good. Nice to hear from you. I live over here in Georgetown. I have been blogging over a year now and just love it. Again thanks for stopping by...Sandy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises