Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Favorites & Dreams
1. Favorite memory of your mother?

Mom's silly giggle fits. When she would laugh so hard she'd make herself cry. There were many incidents and such giggle fits. Too many to list them all here. Some were very funny and others perhaps just plain silly. I love and will love this memory the most because it corresponds with Katiebug's first real heartfelt laugh as a baby. We almost thought she was crying until we realized it was merely a hilarious attack of the giggles.

2. Favorite memory of your father?

The one and only time I saw him cry which so happened to be the only time he ever told me that he loved me face to face. I so wish to have another memory to replace this one. One where I can truly get to know who my Daddy really is vs. the big tough guy he tries so hard to portray.

3. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it)?

To be able to speak, read and write in a different language. Sahar offered to teach me Farsi and I have been fascinated with the idea ever since.

4. Which one of your dreams has come true?

Becoming a Mommy. I was told early in my 20's that it may not be possible. At age 28 I found out I was pregnant, was elated and overjoyed. However my first ultrasound revealed that my pregnancy was ectopic. I lost my left fallopian tube and cut what little chance I had in ever becoming successfully pregnant in half. I almost gave up but never stopped believing in miracles.

Looking back I now realize that my first dream of finding Prince Charming had to first come to be. Although I was married before, I won't lie - I fantasized and dreamed about Prince Charming whisking me away to married bliss. Today, this isn't even a thought. No another guy in the world is able to make me turn my head twice nor make me feel so good about myself.

(Sorta Tagged by our girl Mellie who in turn was Tagged by FlipFlopFloozie my fellow bloggin' Savannahian)
Stumble It! .......posted by Margaret @ 7:52 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    Very nice stuff : )

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    Awwww... great job! Silly giggles are sO much fun! My kids like it when I laugh so hard I can't breath! That makes them laugh! It would be fun to be able to speak another language too -- but only if you got the chance to actually USE it!

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger ela zawrat said…

    good to hear about how your dream about becoming a mom came true after all the challneges!

    BTW, my secret wish is to learn how to play a piano - I've been thinking about it a lot, and I've never played any instruments.

    Thank you for your comment you've left me about prints. I have some ideas, but they need time to crystalize...
    And now - the PIANO!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Alex: Thanks Dude.

    Melli: Laughter is the greatest! We all should be prescribed healthy doses of it. Farsi may be useable someday if our country will ever talk to the Iranians again. There are many who live in Iran who don't have a voice at this time. I pray that someday they will and when they do, I would love to understand their language.

    Ela: I play clarinet and guitar. After that I can usually pick up any instrument and get the hang of it. Piano I wouldn't mind learning more of - such as chords, etc. But I have no room for a piano. I do have a keyboard though!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I agree with Alex, very nice indeed.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Previous Issues

Archives

Having Issues?

Do you have issues?
If so, click here and
tell us about it!

Awards/Webrings

Bloggy Buds

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates



Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises